View Single Post

Old 06-30-2009, 01:58 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 47 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamajack310 View Post
In my case a used Marlin that may or may not come with a scope for about $300.00

$3000.00 is way out of my price range.(in my case) If I had $3000.00 to spend I would be buying $3000 worth used revolvers....
Like I said, it is all a matter of life priorities. If you would rather spend the $3,000 on used revolvers, then that is your priority. I know that some people can't afford $3,000, but more can than who are willing to admit it. My wife and I drive paid for 10 year old vehicles, seldom eat out, don't smoke or drink (two VERY expensive habits), chose not to have kids, don't invest in stocks and bonds, don't ski, don't own a boat, don't watch movies outside of the house, didn't buy as expensive of a house as the bankers said we could afford, don't have fancy furniture, and don't do a whole bunch of other things that many people do. We do buy guns. I AM very lucky because I have a wife who has the same priorities I do. My wife shoots competitively with me and also buys guns. Few men have this luxury, and I know it. If you REALLY want something, most people can figure out a way to afford it. That is why my friend said most people can have anything they want when it comes to guns, just not everything they want. This may not apply to fancy double rifles that cost more than a house, but most guns aren't that expensive. An engraved Model 60 S&W costs about $1,900. It may take a few years to come up with a spare $1,900 and your prioritiy for $1,900 may not be to buy an engraved Model 60. Most could do it if it was their priority and they set their mind to it, however. If this isn't your priority, that is OK and there is nothing wrong with that. An engraved Smith & Wesson is something I've always wanted, and I'm going to try to get one if I can. I'll probably only have one, however, so I need to make sure I do it right the first time.