Smith & Wesson Forum

Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Revolvers > S&W Hand Ejectors: 1896 to 1961
o

Notices

S&W Hand Ejectors: 1896 to 1961 All 5-Screw & Vintage 4-Screw SWING-OUT Cylinder REVOLVERS, and the 35 Autos and 32 Autos

Old 06-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Just got my first sets of Herrett's stocks Just got my first sets of Herrett's stocks Just got my first sets of Herrett's stocks Just got my first sets of Herrett's stocks Just got my first sets of Herrett's stocks  
Liked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Default Just got my first sets of Herrett's stocks

Took about 6 months I think. I think it is mandatory to have at least one Combat Magnum with Jordan Troopers on it, so I stuck these on my 19. I ordered a set of Ropers also because I wanted to compare. I also ordered a set of Troopers for my 29 with the hopes that the covered backstrap will take some of the pain out of shooting 44 Magnums.

The grips are wonderfully fitted, much better than factory magnas or targets (and they should be, considering they have a tracing of your hand). The Troopers do feel a little large, but I have heard a lot of people say "they feel too big until you shoot, and then you love them." So I am optimistic these will work for me. My trigger reach in double action is perfect. I think the reason they feel a tad big probably has to do with the thicker backstrap, which seems to make me want to grip the gun lower (I usually do a higher grip). So I'll have to play around with it.

The Ropers are PERFECT for the 15. I think I'm going to order another set for my 18. Do you all find you stick to one style of grips for smaller K frames and one set for larger N frames, or do you prefer one style on all your revolvers?

Here they are on three of my four-screws.

Model 15 with Ropers:

Model 19 with Jordan Troopers:

Model 29 with Jordan Troopers:
Old 06-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Just got my first sets of Herrett's stocks Just got my first sets of Herrett's stocks Just got my first sets of Herrett's stocks Just got my first sets of Herrett's stocks Just got my first sets of Herrett's stocks  
Liked 2,339 Times in 460 Posts

Herrett's does first class work, they don't often get the praise they deserve!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Liked 63 Times in 42 Posts

Do the grips on the M15 cover the backstrap? Looks like they do not. If they don't, I might order some. Unlike most people, I don't like the backstrap covered.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Banned
Liked 3,137 Times in 644 Posts

Good on ya!
Custom grips are a real treat.
What did you request for wood?
I presume they were made to your hand tracing, how's the fit?
Mind if I ask how much they cost you? I've looked over the Herrett online catalog but couldn't quite figure a finished price??
Best,
Steve
1960'2 Herrett Trooper on M-28
Old 06-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Liked 27 Times in 24 Posts

cp--Ropers do not cover the backstrap on the 15.

[QUOTE=SDH;135506163]Good on ya!
Custom grips are a real treat.
What did you request for wood?
I presume they were made to your hand tracing, how's the fit?
Mind if I ask how much they cost you? I've looked over the Herrett online catalog but couldn't quite figure a finished price??
QUOTE]

SDH--you get walnut, which these are. I think you may be able to request other types of woods as well. They fit just about as well as I think they can (thumb goes perfectly into groove, unlike say, factory targets). I think they were around $100 a pair. Call Herrett's and speak to the lady there--they are very nice and answered all my questions.

Tags
herrett, jordan, model 15, model 19, model 29, trooper, walnut