Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 07-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Riser Height for a scope Riser Height for a scope Riser Height for a scope Riser Height for a scope Riser Height for a scope  
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Riser Height for a scope

How high of a riser will I need to get to have a scope clear the factory sights?
Old 07-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Riser Height for a scope Riser Height for a scope Riser Height for a scope Riser Height for a scope Riser Height for a scope  
Liked 128 Times in 44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees31 View Post
How high of a riser will I need to get to have a scope clear the factory sights?
The "riser" is actually called the scope base. Most bases for a given firearm are the same height. The scope mounting height variation is obtained by the different scope ring heights. This varies predicated upon the make and model of the firearm and are usually offered in low, medium and high variations. Most scope ring/base manufacturers publish charts that list the suggested base and ring heights. If you cannot find a published chart you should either email or call the company that you have selected as the manufacturer of the base(s) and rings. When you ask for the ring height be sure to tell them that you do not have a "smooth" barrel and that it has iron sights mounted that you do not desire to remove (if this is the case). Good luck.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here is the scope, I am probably going with.

Welcome to NcSTAR
Old 07-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Here is the scope, I am probably going with.

Welcome to NcSTAR
Great scope, great company!

Just can't beat a lifetime warranty.

I have 2 NcStar scopes myself.

They are such good quality for the money and the customer service is number one, so good that I decided to become an authorized dealer. adding them to my site soon.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Another thought is to go with a carry handle and get the scope mounts right to it. NC star has the same scope with the carry handle mount.

Welcome to NcSTAR
Old 07-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Another thought is to go with a carry handle and get the scope mounts right to it. NC star has the same scope with the carry handle mount.

Welcome to NcSTAR
The options are endless.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I have a 4x and a 1/2" riser gets me over the front
Old 07-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

My NcStar 3-9X40mm scope sits pretty low and the front sight doesnt get in the way..it 'ghosts' out of sight. I have some pics of the mounts in the pic thread..
M&P 15-22 Picture Thread

Last edited by Scuds03; 07-03-2010 at 08:35 PM.

Tags
scope, smith-wessonforum.com