Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 02-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Slow returning trigger? Slow returning trigger? Slow returning trigger? Slow returning trigger? Slow returning trigger?  
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Slow returning trigger?

Ran approximately 300 rounds of Federal Champion ammo thru my brand new 15-22. Everything was great and no FTFs. However, I did notice that throughout the session I had to move my finger forward because just laying it on the trigger after firing it would delay it return to the forward position. Sometimes with out my finger on it the trigger was real slow to return. I could even here it with my cheek pressed on the stock. It would start to slowly move forward then kind of snap toward the end.

I followed the instructions and cleaned the gun before the first use and used what I was told is good ammo.

Anyone else experience this?
Old 02-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Slow returning trigger? Slow returning trigger? Slow returning trigger? Slow returning trigger? Slow returning trigger?  
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just commented on your other thread steve, sounds like you might just not be giving it enough room to reset. On a higher powered rifle this is usually not a problem even when starting out but .22 doesn't have much recoil to help it reset...with a good soft trigger squeeze though you should have such minimal pressure on the trigger that reset should not be an issue.

Next time out try to be nice and slow (and soft) on the pull and see if it helps any.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveweck View Post
Ran approximately 300 rounds of Federal Champion ammo thru my brand new 15-22. Everything was great and no FTFs. However, I did notice that throughout the session I had to move my finger forward because just laying it on the trigger after firing it would delay it return to the forward position. Sometimes with out my finger on it the trigger was real slow to return. I could even here it with my cheek pressed on the stock. It would start to slowly move forward then kind of snap toward the end.

I followed the instructions and cleaned the gun before the first use and used what I was told is good ammo.

Anyone else experience this?
Had the exact same issue with mine....ended up dis-assembling the FCG and polished any of the surfaces that showed drag marks with my dremel. Re-assembled and lubricated the group with a touch of moly grease and have no further problems.