Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 10-17-2012, 08:06 PM
S & W customer support S & W customer support S & W customer support S & W customer support S & W customer support  
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Default S & W customer support

I recently purchased a used M&P 15-22 that had a broken extractor. I called customer service and asked how much the repair would be but was only told they would send me the shipping label for the repair. I sent it in on 10-5-12 (Friday) thinking the cost could not be THAT much for just replacing a very small part. I included a short note including my name, address, what I thought was wrong and the serial number (DTE-xxxx), the original mag and off it went. I figured at least 2-3 weeks and I would get a call asking did I want to have the repair done along with the cost but lo and behold it comes in yesterday (10-16-12 Tuesday). No charge on it at all!! The note says "updated to current specs" and the original mag was sent back, no extras I called the 1-800 number and spoke with Joe who asked what the repair sheet said. He told me that if it reads "updated to current specs" then the recoil and trigger springs were replaced as well as them "looking over everything". All in all I am very pleased with the quick turnaround and low price The magazine I sent back does not say "25 rds" just 22 LR. Today was the first chance that I have had to load the mag and shoot it and it loads much easier than my Ruger 10/22 25 rd mag. I was afraid the rounds would not stagger properly but with a little tapping they settled down. I fired about 10 rounds this evening and the rifle seems fine. Now to find the money for all these addons I have been looking at. The kids really don't need all those toys this year, maybe its my turn!!
The Following 4 Users Like Post:
Old 10-17-2012, 08:20 PM
S & W customer support S & W customer support S & W customer support S & W customer support S & W customer support  
Liked 4,286 Times in 2,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyArmor View Post
Now to find the money for all these addons I have been looking at. The kids really don't need all those toys this year, maybe its my turn!!
Scrooge!!!!
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 10-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Liked 230 Times in 149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyArmor View Post
The kids really don't need all those toys this year, maybe its my turn!!
Look in the back of the kids' closet. Chances are there's some toys back there they forgot that they had. Re-wrap them, and give them again this year.
The Following 5 Users Like Post:
Old 10-18-2012, 07:46 PM
US Veteran
Liked 1,599 Times in 993 Posts

Hard to beat S&W,s CS. They are second to none.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:57 PM
US Veteran
Liked 305 Times in 193 Posts

I got my oldest a telescope one year for christmas and he only used it twice ( had to have or everything was ruined ) when he went off to collage he wanted to throw it out so now I use it as a spotting scope lol
The Following 4 Users Like Post: