Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 10-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Riflescope for guy that needs reading glasses Riflescope for guy that needs reading glasses Riflescope for guy that needs reading glasses Riflescope for guy that needs reading glasses Riflescope for guy that needs reading glasses  
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Riflescope for guy that needs reading glasses

Hi. Can anyone recommend a scope (or other solution) for my Mp15 -22? I need reading glasses so the iron scopes werent working out to well. I was looking at the Bushnell 3-9 32mm rimfire scope. Reviews were ok for the most part but wondered if any of the experts on here could share some of their sage advice? I intend to use the gun for target shooting at the range and as first firearm for my young son.
Thanks
Old 10-31-2012, 10:57 AM
Absent Comrade
Riflescope for guy that needs reading glasses Riflescope for guy that needs reading glasses  
Liked 430 Times in 220 Posts

On Leopolds there is a ring on the Ocular Lens (closest to your eye) that you can adjust to compensate, or make the scope clear for you. I assume Bushnell has the same kind of adjustments possible.

The down side is the scope is set up just for you, either wearing your glasses, or set up for you, not wearing your glasses.

I’m 51yrs old and a little far sighted. I set my scopes up to be clear with + 1.00 reading glasses. This makes things nice and clear for me at the target with reading glasses, and I can get by with no glasses too. It’s a compromise you must make if you wear glasses.

My AR's are set up with Aimpoint Red Dot optics and it's a non issue.
I hope this helps.

Emory
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 10-31-2012, 11:39 AM
Riflescope for guy that needs reading glasses Riflescope for guy that needs reading glasses Riflescope for guy that needs reading glasses Riflescope for guy that needs reading glasses Riflescope for guy that needs reading glasses  
Liked 4,286 Times in 2,238 Posts

There is no need for any special scope. Any scope that has an ocular focus will work. Simple adjust the focus until the picture is in focus.
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 10-31-2012, 11:44 AM
US Veteran
Liked 67 Times in 33 Posts

new here also, i just put a UTG 30MM 3-12X44 Compact IE Scope on my 15-22, and am the same way need corrective lenses but since i wear contacts i have them set up for mono vision (far in one eye, near in the other) but their is a focus feature on the back of this scope pretty easy to adjust, friend picked rifle up to shoot it last time at range and he said something about being out of focus we just twisted dial and got it back in focus couple seconds.

happy with this scope although it did seem like the rifle got alot heavier.

I remember we would have the same issue's alot of the time when on rifle ranges with Soldiers, just asking but can you see okay without the reading glasses, we would have Soldiers take glasses off and the would seem to do better, and back then all we had was iron sights.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffF64 View Post
new here also, i just put a UTG 30MM 3-12X44 Compact IE Scope on my 15-22, and am the same way need corrective lenses but since i wear contacts i have them set up for mono vision (far in one eye, near in the other) but their is a focus feature on the back of this scope pretty easy to adjust, friend picked rifle up to shoot it last time at range and he said something about being out of focus we just twisted dial and got it back in focus couple seconds.

happy with this scope although it did seem like the rifle got alot heavier.

I remember we would have the same issue's alot of the time when on rifle ranges with Soldiers, just asking but can you see okay without the reading glasses, we would have Soldiers take glasses off and the would seem to do better, and back then all we had was iron sights.
I can see okay without glasses at distance.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:48 PM
Banned
Liked 328 Times in 122 Posts

Amazon.com: UTG 3-9x32 Compact CQB Bug Buster AO RGB Scope with Med. Picatinny Rings, 2" Sunshade: Sports & Outdoors

Star Mark lll 4x32 Compact Tactical Scope | eBay