Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 10-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Interesting night at the range :) Interesting night at the range :) Interesting night at the range :) Interesting night at the range :) Interesting night at the range :)  
Liked 1,247 Times in 650 Posts
Default Interesting night at the range :)

Tonight at the range I was in the position to directly compare my 15-22 with the HK 416 22lr. The HK has a metal handguard,which really wobbled...seriously wobbled. The moveable stock, wobbled (just like the 15-22 before duct tape ) the weird barrel. Fake forward assist and fake bolt catch (paddle) horrible little charging handle, but a nice ejection port cover. Weight and length pretty much the same...
Shot very nice, but the trigger was hefty and the wobble on the handguard was very off-putting.
In my opinion not a comparison with the 15-22 (of course )

Which tonight shot its first round in the Rapid Fire competition.
3 cards.......
First card...20yrd offhand 10 shots 5 mins.
20yrd 5min.jpg
Second card..20 yrd offhand 10 shots 40 seconds.
20yrd 40.jpg
Third card...20yrd offhand 10 shots 20 seconds.
20yrd 20.jpg

Then just for fun, I sat at the bench, rested my AFG on an upturned 25rd mag and sent my last 10 rounds down
(the plectrums are F.Z and just for scale )
20 yrd benchy.jpg

I LOVE this rifle
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
Old 10-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Interesting night at the range :) Interesting night at the range :) Interesting night at the range :) Interesting night at the range :) Interesting night at the range :)  
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Nice shooting. What ammo were you using?
Old 10-09-2014, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrick19 View Post
Nice shooting. What ammo were you using?
Hi there, I now use Eley sport ammo....my 15-22 seems to really like it....with Aguila it FTF a lot, but since I had a 'torque' to my barrel nut and changed ammo....she shoots much more accurately when the guy behind the trigger is performing that is
Old 10-09-2014, 05:24 AM
Liked 655 Times in 370 Posts

Nice set of targets there GM.

I must say, I am surprised you didn't offer the 416 guy a shoot. Just so he could feel the difference between the 2 platforms.

I have had my hands on one of the 416 set ups while I was looking at getting what eventually turned in to my smith.

Alloy hardware felt ok but I didn't like all the "fake" parts as you mentioned.

Also had a look at the Sig. Again not what I was looking for but seemed like a nice enough system.

Didn't shoot either as they were show room set ups.

Anyhoo. As I said. Nice set and very well done you.

Rob
Old 10-09-2014, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1 View Post
Nice set of targets there GM.

I must say, I am surprised you didn't offer the 416 guy a shoot. Just so he could feel the difference between the 2 platforms.

Rob
The owner of the HK had previously fired my Smith, but I think I jumped the gun, (pardon the pun) and bought the gun he wanted. He bought the HK blind, without holding or firing? he seemed happy...but I would have still got a 15-22 and if he wanted it different deck it out in zombie fluorescent green.
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 10-09-2014, 07:26 AM
Liked 4,843 Times in 1,479 Posts

The H&K isn't really an H&K, anyway.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:15 AM
Liked 923 Times in 309 Posts

GM was the first 3 with open sights

i never looked at any of the german copies as i have read

reviews that the metal is not up to much

i had my mind on a Spikes until i found out spikes no longer

can supply the .22 bolts....then thought the CMMG is a good

rifle...i was also thinking of a short barrelled with fixed

suppressor from Lantac....but then again there are some

problems with those as well

keith
Old 10-09-2014, 10:28 AM

lol@keith
Open sights hahaha, who do you think I am?
DAVE?
LONGEST LONG RIFLE SHOT EVER - YouTube
Old 10-09-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_A View Post
The H&K isn't really an H&K, anyway.
The Colt M4 (not shot but supposed to be a horror to disassemble) and the HK(shot last night not impressed) are under licence made by Walther I think and the Beretta ARX160(not shot) is an Umarex.
The Sig is a Sig (shot and liked but not my style), the Ruger a ruger, and the Anschutz an Anschutz (shot, lovely trigger and nice functions but seems so very thin)...but all the GSG (guy at the range brings an AK but wont let anyone else shoot it...go figure) and Armi stuff don't look up to much. Although like Trebor said.....if I had the money then my choice would have gone up to the LANTAC
However....now knowing what I know the 15-22 would be my recommendation
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 10-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Liked 43 Times in 33 Posts
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMutt View Post
Hi there, I now use Eley sport ammo....my 15-22 seems to really like it....with Aguila it FTF a lot, but since I had a 'torque' to my barrel nut and changed ammo....she shoots much more accurately when the guy behind the trigger is performing that is
Nice shooting! I especially like the grouping on the last target.
I must try some Ely Sport next. Cheers