Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 08-19-2015, 10:14 PM
NEW SIGHT NEW SIGHT NEW SIGHT NEW SIGHT NEW SIGHT  
Liked 66 Times in 40 Posts
Talking NEW SIGHT

After much debating and much research i ended up buying the Primary Arms 2.5x compact scope. I was looking for something i could mount to carry handle and still be able to use irons or mount to flat top ( i like options). This fit the bill PERFECTLY. Almost. i received it today and i am VERY IMPRESSED. The sight seems to be very well made. Feels solid and heavy duty. Looking through the glass first thing i noticed is how sharp the reticle is. It is very clean and crisp. It is etched on so it is always there. black when not illuminated and red when you turn it on. 11 levels of brightness even level 6 was easy to see on a sunny day. The zoom is perfect for what i wanted. enough to get a more accurate look (even at closer range) but not too much to where you lose FOV. Mounted it to the carry handle and it was very sturdy. Heres some pics.. I couldnt get a good pic of the reticle with my phone so it doesnt do it justice. but you can get a good idea of the zoom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scope 9 no zoom 1.JPG (195.2 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg scope 8 zoom 1.JPG (95.8 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg scope 7 no zoom 2.JPG (130.3 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg scope 6 zoom 2.JPG (82.4 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg scope 1.JPG (48.1 KB, 137 views)
Old 08-19-2015, 10:22 PM
NEW SIGHT NEW SIGHT NEW SIGHT NEW SIGHT NEW SIGHT  
Liked 66 Times in 40 Posts

The one problem i found with this scope, and only matters if your mounting it to a carry handle, is that when it is mounted your iron sight view is slightly ubstructed. There is a screw of somesort (not sure what it is exatly) that comes down into your sight pic slightly.
so when you look through your round peep sight the top of the sight pic is flat from that protruding screw. Also this adds one more focal point to your eyes. Now you are looking through the rear sight seeing that screw then the front post and then the target. It made the sight pic blurry for me and harder to concentrate on front post. Also cuts down on visibility of target a bit. I havnt shot with it yet and hope to get to the range early next week to try it out. I may just take the carry handle off and mount it on the flat top with some BUIS. All in all i really like the clarity of the glass the crispness of the reticle and the shape of the reticle. cant wait to try it out. Anyone looking for a red dot sight should check this out! I know its not a red dot but the low magnification makes it easy to use at close distance also. First pic is the screw and the second is what you see looking through it. I couldn't get a shot of it mounted and looking through the irons but i think you can see what i mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scope 10 prob 1.JPG (66.2 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg scope 4 prob 2.jpg (53.9 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by capx28; 08-19-2015 at 10:27 PM. Reason: forgot info
Old 08-20-2015, 02:52 PM
NEW SIGHT NEW SIGHT  
Liked 449 Times in 285 Posts

Nice write up!

I have one of these myself and very happy with it. Would buy one again if needed.