Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Revolvers > S&W Hand Ejectors: 1896 to 1961

Notices

S&W Hand Ejectors: 1896 to 1961 All 5-Screw & Vintage 4-Screw SWING-OUT Cylinder REVOLVERS, and the 35 Autos and 32 Autos

Old 01-12-2011, 12:30 PM
SWCA Member
An article in this month's GUNS about our member... An article in this month's GUNS about our member... An article in this month's GUNS about our member... An article in this month's GUNS about our member... An article in this month's GUNS about our member...  
Liked 4,156 Times in 1,126 Posts
Default An article in this month's GUNS about our member...

...Keith Brown!

The story is called Resurrecting the Roper Grip.

And a mention of some guy...Lee Jarrett I think was the name, is also given some credit as is this forum.

If you don't want to buy the magazine the issue will soon be online. Look for the March 2011 issue.
GUNS Magazine Digital March 2011—Page 64
GF
Old 01-12-2011, 01:18 PM
An article in this month's GUNS about our member... An article in this month's GUNS about our member... An article in this month's GUNS about our member... An article in this month's GUNS about our member... An article in this month's GUNS about our member...  
Liked 15,516 Times in 6,802 Posts

Who is this Lee person you speak of?
Old 01-12-2011, 01:29 PM
SWCA Member
Liked 774 Times in 375 Posts

I guess everyone knows about Keith Brown, but as for this other fella Lee Jarrett,

Mmmmm....................
Let's see now. I believe he's a tall, short, fat, thin, skinny man, with a heavy head of jet black, blond hair.........right?
Used to look like a gorilla?
Old 01-12-2011, 01:34 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade
Liked 84 Times in 17 Posts

Atta-Boy. Keith and Lee!

Pete
Old 01-14-2011, 06:55 AM
Administrator
Liked 48,771 Times in 9,262 Posts

Is the magazine on newstands now?
Old 01-14-2011, 07:21 AM
SWCA Member
Liked 4,156 Times in 1,126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by handejector View Post
Nope. My subscription copy came in the mail first of the week.
It'll be awhile before the issue is out and longer still before the online version is available. Maybe a coupla' weeks out.

Well written. I hope the members take a look went it's up.

GF
Old 01-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Liked 2,564 Times in 465 Posts

got to it this morning, very well done....
Old 01-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Liked 53 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by handejector View Post
Yes it is, just finished reading, very good.

Keith better get his computer fixed! I bet the orders will be coming in!
Old 01-15-2011, 02:09 AM
US Veteran
Liked 517 Times in 202 Posts

a good article.......got my copy yesterday
Old 01-15-2011, 05:24 AM
Liked 1,371 Times in 699 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS5678 View Post
Keith better get his computer fixed! I bet the orders will be coming in!
After reading the article I'm seriously considering some Ropers for my pre-Model 27, so you are probably right on the orders coming in. Nice Grips!!
Old 01-15-2011, 07:31 AM
Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts

I read the article and I agree, nice grips!
Old 01-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Administrator
Liked 48,771 Times in 9,262 Posts

I finally had time to read this article online-
GUNS Magazine Digital March 2011
Click on the March edition of "GUNS" magazine. Keith's pic is in the Table of Contents, article on page 64.

The author, Steven Dodd Hughes is our own member "SDH" here on the forum. He is the author of several books, and a fantastic custom gunsmith. Check out his website at finegunmaking.com for some fabulous firearms.

Thanks to Steve for the kind words and the plug for the S&W forum!
Old 01-22-2011, 11:24 PM
US Veteran
Liked 6,696 Times in 2,119 Posts

A nice article and very nice work.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:31 AM

Liked 18,135 Times in 2,529 Posts
Default An article in this month's GUNS about our member...

Excellent article about a true artisan.Kevin Williams deserves the credit he got as well.Both Kevin & Lee are to be congratulated on playing their roles
in Keith's genesis as the premier grip maker working today.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Liked 1,791 Times in 932 Posts

Nice article, nice grips, great work done by all.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:43 AM
An article in this month's GUNS about our member...  
Liked 17,204 Times in 2,911 Posts

I know who Lee is. He's the ramrod here who had me "ridin' fence" for a few days last week! Sold me those carved W&K pearls, too.
I'll read the article in the grocery store while my wife is trying to lift my case of beer into the shopping cart a couple isles over.

I just read it. What a great article. Is Kevin Williams' writing on Ropers accesible here? Experts here said my Ropers I just bought from DC Wilson were made by Gagne (in an early thread). Was he the only craftsman making them for Roper. I heard there's a photo of Gagne at work One where he's wearing a derby, I think.

Last edited by Wyatt Burp; 01-23-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Liked 1,171 Times in 373 Posts

That's good stuff. Great article Steve.

Lee, quoting from the recent movie about a "social network." You're going to need bigger servers.

Keith, you're going to need more English walnut.

Now to start saving up for my own pair before the wait becomes years instead of months.

Tags
gunsmith, keith brown grips, model 27, roper, walnut