Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Revolvers > S&W Hand Ejectors: 1896 to 1961

S&W Hand Ejectors: 1896 to 1961 All 5-Screw & Vintage 4-Screw SWING-OUT Cylinder REVOLVERS, and the 35 Autos and 32 Autos

Old 12-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Joining the Smith & Wesson Collector's Association? Joining the Smith & Wesson Collector's Association? Joining the Smith & Wesson Collector's Association? Joining the Smith & Wesson Collector's Association? Joining the Smith & Wesson Collector's Association?  
Liked 284 Times in 97 Posts

I looked in the FAQ area with no joy.

Would anyone care to enlighten me. It is my understanding that you need a sponsor.

I'd sure like to join (i.e. get smarter)(i.e. save everyone here having to answer my goofy/uneducated questions).

Could someone suggest what is required?

Thank you.

Bob
Old 12-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Joining the Smith & Wesson Collector's Association? Joining the Smith & Wesson Collector's Association? Joining the Smith & Wesson Collector's Association? Joining the Smith & Wesson Collector's Association? Joining the Smith & Wesson Collector's Association?  

I looked in the FAQ area with no joy.

Would anyone care to enlighten me. It is my understanding that you need a sponsor.

I'd sure like to join (i.e. get smarter)(i.e. save everyone here having to answer my goofy/uneducated questions).

Could someone suggest what is required?

Thank you.

Bob
Old 12-26-2007, 11:37 AM
SWCA Member
Liked 6,630 Times in 1,357 Posts

Bob

Many of us are happy to sponsor propsective members. If you have a
fax number, I can fax you an application.

Later, Mike Priwer [email protected]
Old 12-26-2007, 11:38 AM
SWCA Member
Liked 4,161 Times in 828 Posts

Hi Bob:

I am glad to hear that you are considering membership in the S&WCA. I commend it to you without reservation and assure you that if you join you will shortly wonder why you did not do so years ago.

The application does require sponsorship by a member but there is another avenue. The application states: "Must be original signature of an S&WCA Member – or – attach a character reference written on the letterhead of an FFL dealer who has known you for five (5) years."

The S&WCA welcomes new members and it is a growing organization. If you don't know a current member who can sponsor you, or don't have an FFL who can assist, the Association does have members in the KC area who I am sure would be willing to speak with you and guide you through the process. The Association is not looking for ways to exclude people, to the contrary, it is looking to assist more people in becoming members.

If you need more assistance let us know. There are many S&WCA members on this Forum who I am sure would be happy to assist you in joining the Association. Git 'er done!

Regards,
Charlie Flick
S&WCA #729
NRA Life
Old 12-26-2007, 12:12 PM

Thank you Mike & Charlie.

Mike, I e-mailed my fax number to you.

Bob
Old 12-27-2007, 10:10 AM
US Veteran
Liked 22,610 Times in 8,330 Posts

Having just paid my 2nd years dues to SWCA, I can assure you you will benefit and enjoy the assocation.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:59 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I agree. I've been with the SWCA since 2003,when I met a few of the members at a gun show in Springfield, MA.One of the guys was good enough to sponsor me on the spot. (I actually just sponsored a new member that I became acquainted with from our little forum here..)
The newsletter is very well written,and informative. I've been learning something new each time I read 'em.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:08 PM
SWCA Member
Liked 735 Times in 271 Posts

Not trying to step on anyone’s toes here as I didn’t start this thread, but I have been looking into joining for a while myself. Is there anybody here who can help out this Kentucky boy with a sponsorship?
Old 12-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Liked 246 Times in 45 Posts

I've tried several times to figure out the process and have found dead ends every time!
Old 12-27-2007, 03:46 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'll see if I have any extra membership forms lying around.Drop me a line..
[email protected]
Old 12-27-2007, 04:37 PM
SWCA Chairman

Liked 30,912 Times in 4,423 Posts

If someone would like to join the S&WCA, give me a call and tell me about your collecting activities and I will be glad to send you a form as your sponsor.

Bill Cross
President, S&WCA
812-842-0183
Old 12-27-2007, 08:09 PM
SWCA Member
Liked 735 Times in 271 Posts

THANKS!
Old 12-28-2007, 06:54 AM

Thanks Mike...(and several others who contacted me with offers to help)

Mailed in my form/dues this morning.

Seems like the way to go!

Bob

Tags
sig arms, springfield, swca