Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Revolvers > S&W Revolvers: 1961 to 1980

S&W Revolvers: 1961 to 1980 3-Screw PINNED Barrel SWING-OUT Cylinder Hand Ejectors WITH Model Numbers

Old 01-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today? Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today? Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today? Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today? Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today?  
Liked 65 Times in 14 Posts
Default Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today?

For that nice fit and feel on K and N frames.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today? Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today? Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today? Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today? Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today?  
Liked 19,460 Times in 4,101 Posts

Contact forum Member Keith Brown.. He is nationaly known as a master in reproducing those grips.. Check under VENDORS on the forum Classified Section.

Good luck
SWCA #2306
DAV in honor of POP
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 11:33 AM
US Veteran
Liked 3,534 Times in 1,129 Posts

Keith Brown.
keithbrowngrips - main
Old 01-30-2012, 11:41 AM
SWCA Chairman

Liked 30,864 Times in 4,415 Posts
Smile

Coke bottle stocks by Keith Brown on a 44 Magnum and a set of Kearsarge style stocks by him.

Bill

Last edited by Doc44; 01-30-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:23 PM
US Veteran
Liked 3,823 Times in 460 Posts

An example of Keith's superb Roper-pattern grips...these on a Model 26-1

Tim
Old 01-30-2012, 04:58 PM
US Veteran
Liked 9,263 Times in 2,384 Posts

I believe Kurac makes them as well. Both Kurac and Keith do an outstanding job.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today? Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today? Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today? Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today?  
Liked 5,762 Times in 1,992 Posts

Kurac makes wonderful coke style grips but they aren't checkered Like Keith Browns grips.
A set of Kurac Coco Bolo grips on a Model 27-2

Last edited by fyimo; 01-30-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:54 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade
Liked 518 Times in 158 Posts

And, here is a set of KRUAC "coke" style target stocks in osage orange on a Model 29-2.
teesur.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:07 AM
Liked 65 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat tom View Post
I gotta ask. You've been here for over 10 years,so how did you not know this?
f.t.
I am not a collector.....I am a shooter. Pretty is nice, but it does not help shoot 50 yds.

I saw at a gun show one time a 17 with real Ropers. It fit the hand so well. I passed as I had no desire for the 17. Then there was the beater 29 with Cokes. Same thing, but so nice feeling grips.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:32 PM
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

how do you get kurac grips what is their website address?
Old 01-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Liked 5,633 Times in 1,544 Posts

PM member "Kurac".
Old 01-31-2012, 04:22 PM
Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today? Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today? Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today? Anybody make Roper, Coke like grips today?  
Liked 5,762 Times in 1,992 Posts
Talking

John Culina ([email protected]) is his email address
Old 01-31-2012, 04:44 PM
Liked 173 Times in 51 Posts

If anyone is interested in another option for Coke style grips, I've been very happy with Nill Classics. They fit every gun I have them on beautifully for production grips and on my Stainless guns it takes only a little work to blend the to the frame. At $273 shipped they seem pricey to me but I expect Kurac grips are just as much if not more.
Keith

This is a recently acquired 686 with the factory black finish

This shows a Model 625 in 45 Colt, a 629 and a Bowen Model 27 in 44 Special
Old 01-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Liked 1,923 Times in 956 Posts

I am a big fan of those Nill grips-I have a similar K set,as well as several of the other uncheckered styles..
To be fair in a comparison,I understand that Kurac's grips are substantially less money,while also being uncheckered.
I'd like to add a set of Kuracs to my collection,but usually find his forum ad a bit too late.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:59 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade
Liked 518 Times in 158 Posts

[QUOTE=Hamden;136320769]I am not a collector.....I am a shooter. Pretty is nice, but it does not help shoot 50 yds.

I saw at a gun show one time a 17 with real Ropers. It fit the hand so well.

Hello Hamden,
I am also a shooter and I have never really been a fan of S&W stocks. In the late 50's and early 60's I got several pairs of Steve Herrett's " made to fit your hand" stocks and used them on my magnum S&W's. They were made to fit and worked really well, (I still have and use them infact.).
A couple of years back, another member here posted about Kurac's "coke" style smooth target stocks and how the slight palm swell fit his hand so well and what a difference they made shooting his model 29's with magnum loads.
I bought a set and tried them. They do make a difference.
The model 29 I posted with the orange Kuracs is a shooter. I took a set of Herrets off and put my original Kurac's on and they stayed on for a good while. I have bought several more Kurac's in the meantime and all of my Model 29 shooters now have Kurac stocks, as well as a couple of model 66's and a model 25. These osage stocks are fairly new and I put them on to try and they also work very well.
They are all made from very beautiful wood, but pretty is as pretty does and I find these stocks really fit my hand and tame the recoil as well as any stocks I've tried.
Just my experience and I hope this helps.
teesur
Old 02-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Liked 173 Times in 51 Posts

My experience with the Nill Classics is like the original Cokes, they absorb recoil very well, distributing it evenly over the palm of the hand. One of the few grips that handle 44 Magnum ammo well.
Keith

Tags
44 magnum, 629, 686, bowen, classics, coke bottle grips, colt, engraved, herrett, kearsarge, keith brown grips, kuracs, model 25, model 26, model 27, model 29, model 625, model 66, n-frame, nill, roper, smith-wessonforum.com