Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Revolvers > S&W Revolvers: 1961 to 1980

S&W Revolvers: 1961 to 1980 3-Screw PINNED Barrel SWING-OUT Cylinder Hand Ejectors WITH Model Numbers

Old 07-15-2016, 12:01 AM
High Bright Polish High Bright Polish High Bright Polish High Bright Polish High Bright Polish  
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default High Bright Polish

Hello to all, new member here with a question regarding the performance center.

I put a new M686, 6" Talo Deluxe on layaway last night. I'd really like to have this gun polished. I see the performance center offers this service for 275.00.

I'd really like to hear from some members who have used the performance center, especially this service.

I've done my own polishing on some small guns parts along with some V twin parts but I'd rather not take on this without upgrading my tools.

Please post up some pictures

fish

edit: I apologize, this is in the wrong sub forum. If the mods could please move

Last edited by golfish; 07-15-2016 at 12:03 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 07-15-2016, 05:10 PM
High Bright Polish High Bright Polish High Bright Polish High Bright Polish High Bright Polish  
Liked 163 Times in 97 Posts

While you seem to have mechanical skills far above my own I would still send it in so the work is done by someone else. They would be better equipped and have more experience with doing this job. Also if they mess it up then they are the ones who have to make it right. Don't worry everything I have heard about them is top notch. I can only speak of Colt's from personal experience but S&W's shop is on par with Colt.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:40 PM
Liked 11,481 Times in 3,036 Posts

I have polished a few stainless steel handguns, and it is not hard to get them looking nice. But, that said, it takes skill and the proper equipment to get the bright chrome look you see on professionally polished guns like some of the old Colt Ultimate stainless steel revolvers.

I have seen back yard polish jobs that included uneven surfaces, waves, damaged markings, and uneven polishing in hard to reach areas.

If I had a special gun that I wanted done just right, I would certainly consider having the factory do it.

Larry
Old 07-15-2016, 06:04 PM
Liked 402 Times in 177 Posts

I agree with others let the pros do it or leave it alone. Many years ago I reblued guns I know what I am talking about.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:16 PM
SWCA Member
Liked 1,211 Times in 740 Posts

I too would send it to S&W
SWCA#2208
KK4EMO