Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 10-22-2011, 05:18 PM
RED DOT suggestions? RED DOT suggestions? RED DOT suggestions? RED DOT suggestions? RED DOT suggestions?  
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking RED DOT suggestions?

Christmas is surely on its way and I want to spoil my self with a red dot sight for my 22.v looking to spend no more the 150 but would only like to spend that much if its really worth it, would be fine with a cheap one that works just as well. Anyone have any suggestions on what to get?
Thanks a lot!
- Rmw15-22
Old 10-22-2011, 06:56 PM
RED DOT suggestions? RED DOT suggestions? RED DOT suggestions? RED DOT suggestions? RED DOT suggestions?  
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I've been real happy with the Walther PS 22 Tactical Red Dot from Midway, $69.99.
It works with the original sights.

Chuck
Old 10-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have 2 Vortex StrikeFire Green/Red Dot Scopes. You can find them most places for $149, and they're well worth it!

I can change my Dot from Green to Red, to assist me, when the Target/Background tends to blend in.

The StrikeFire comes with a 2X Doubler, that screws in to the Eye Piece, and takes the Scope from a 1X to 2X Magnification.

It includes the Flip Caps already attached, and a Single Mount Ring.

If you decide to go with one of these, there is a Low Ring Mount that comes with the "HUNTER" Model, and a High Ring Mount with the "AR-15" Model. I have one of each, and they're fantastic Green/Red Dot Scopes.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB
Old 10-23-2011, 10:20 AM
RED DOT suggestions? RED DOT suggestions? RED DOT suggestions?  
Liked 2,526 Times in 1,043 Posts

Bushnell's TR25 (?)mini red dot, about $85...
Old 10-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sweet guys thanks a lot! the vortex strikefire looks awesome, just wish it had other recitals to choose from!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:35 PM
Liked 2,141 Times in 770 Posts

Good guys here:

https://www.primaryarms.com/Red_Dot_Store_s/57.htm

Products are reasonably priced, shipping is quick, and they will stand behind what they sell.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:26 AM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hawk View Post
Good guys here:

https://www.primaryarms.com/Red_Dot_Store_s/57.htm

Products are reasonably priced, shipping is quick, and they will stand behind what they sell.
+1, I am going by their tomorrow to pick up another one of their micro red dots.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:39 AM
Liked 81 Times in 49 Posts

Go with the Vortex StrikeFire, they can handle the recoil of the 5.56, the 22LR will be no issue. It is solid, dependable and their warrante is great. You may save a few bucks with the less expensive Red Dots, but you will find issues with zeroing, battery life and durability. I know I have purchased several thinking I'm saving only to find out that don't handle the recoil nor do they last. The Vortex is the best bang for the buck for a 22LR... Now on my AR15 5.56, Aimpoint ML3 is all that I use. But my second AR15 5.56 has the StrikeFire and it is working just fine.. Good luck.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:56 AM
Liked 608 Times in 322 Posts

Another vote for the Primary Arms dot. The one with the removable base. I suggest the upgraded American Defense mount.

I don't have any experience with the Vortex sight, but I'm sure it's good to go too.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:07 AM
Liked 284 Times in 46 Posts

primary arms red dots when on a budget.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

I have never seen this red dot discounted so much --- Burris Xtreme Tactical SpeedDot XTS-135 Red Dot Sight

Xtreme Tactical SpeedDot XTS-135 Red Dot Sight 30mm Tube 1x 5 MOA Dot Matte
Old 11-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts

5 MOA is to big for me. 3 MOA max, 2 MOA preferred. But then, there's a bunch of people who will disagree with me. I have a couple of Burris scopes and they are first rate, as is their warranty performance (old scope, leaking seals, zero cost, like new result).
Old 11-17-2011, 04:39 PM

Has anyone had any problems with the Vortex Sparc? My friend just put one on his new 15-22. I leaned it up against the kitchen counter to take a picture of it and it tipped over. The optic barely hit the ground, but it took out the rubberized controls mounted on the side. Everything looked good at first, but when I tried to turn the optic off it did nothing. The thing lasted under 3 hours in the hostile environment that is my kitchen.

Good thing their CS is so awesome. I called them asap and they said not to worry because they cover that kind of thing (I was honest). I know it was my fault, I was just shocked because the micro dot I use on my AK has been through hell and it works perfect.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts

I have the PA M3-style, and no regrets. Free high mount if you buy in the next few days.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_...0arms%20m3.htm
Old 11-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Liked 24 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpulent View Post
I have the PA M3-style, and no regrets. Free high mount if you buy in the next few days.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_...0arms%20m3.htm

I just ordered one of these myself. Primary Arms is known to have great customer service as well. They have their own subforum on AR15.com and Marshall from PA posts frequently and has a very good rep for taking care of customers.

I've ordered several other items from them previously and shipping is fast.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher Slayer View Post
Has anyone had any problems with the Vortex Sparc? My friend just put one on his new 15-22. I leaned it up against the kitchen counter to take a picture of it and it tipped over. The optic barely hit the ground, but it took out the rubberized controls mounted on the side. Everything looked good at first, but when I tried to turn the optic off it did nothing. The thing lasted under 3 hours in the hostile environment that is my kitchen.

Good thing their CS is so awesome. I called them asap and they said not to worry because they cover that kind of thing (I was honest). I know it was my fault, I was just shocked because the micro dot I use on my AK has been through hell and it works perfect.

"The thing [[SPARC]] lasted under 3 hours in the hostile environment that is my kitchen." Hahahahahaha. Good one.

Now for an optic that can handle some abuse.... Primary Arms MicroDot.

Primary Arms Micro Dot Gen 3 Toss/Drop Fun - YouTube
Old 11-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

+1 for primary arms. Ive had nothin but good luck with them. And the CS is outstanding.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I ended up going with Vortex Strikefire, i plan on getting a 5.56 eventually so this will be able to transfer over when the funds allow for the big purchase. Got it off of opticsplanet that website is awesome
Old 11-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Bushnell TRS-25 runs like $80 at Cabellas... great red-dot. Super consistent, 11 brightness settings. Holds zero non stop
Old 11-19-2011, 01:57 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When using the vortex should i leave the stock iron sights on? i have to look through the back aperture and it seems like a little much to focus on the back, the front, and the red dot
Old 11-19-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmw15-22 View Post
When using the vortex should i leave the stock iron sights on? i have to look through the back aperture and it seems like a little much to focus on the back, the front, and the red dot
Take them off or get folding sights.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

+ 1 for the Bushnell TRS-25...just ordered one from Amazon for $69.98
Old 11-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Liked 24 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
I just ordered one of these myself. Primary Arms is known to have great customer service as well. They have their own subforum on AR15.com and Marshall from PA posts frequently and has a very good rep for taking care of customers.

I've ordered several other items from them previously and shipping is fast.

Received my red dot from PA this morning. Mounted it up and need to take it out to the range and zero it in. I'm generally not too quick at zeroing optics, so good thing its a 22 LR, so my lack of optic zeroing skill doesn't break the bank

Tags
22lr, aimpoint, tactical, walther