Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 12-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Waiting for Christmas upgrades! Gripe Waiting for Christmas upgrades! Gripe Waiting for Christmas upgrades! Gripe Waiting for Christmas upgrades! Gripe Waiting for Christmas upgrades! Gripe  
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Default Waiting for Christmas upgrades! Gripe

So I decide to order a green laser and scope mount for the 15-22. I know I ordered at the last minute and went with U.S. sellers. I also ordered a bracelet for my wife from a Japan seller. I get my Japan item today and the U.S. items are still processing. Every over seas order I make gets here in 3 days and my U.S. orders are always a week or more. I don't get it?
Old 12-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Waiting for Christmas upgrades! Gripe Waiting for Christmas upgrades! Gripe Waiting for Christmas upgrades! Gripe Waiting for Christmas upgrades! Gripe Waiting for Christmas upgrades! Gripe  
Liked 39 Times in 17 Posts

Lazy 'merica
Old 12-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Liked 4,286 Times in 2,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_Down View Post
Lazy 'merica
Quoting Obama?

The answer is most likely volume of orders, although I placed three orders yesterday with 44mags, Midway and Planet Optics and all have already shipped.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Where did you order laser from?
I've noticed the last couple months EBay sellers have been slacking also.
Just recently Xmass shopping I received my package and he sends me an
Email w a tracking # the next day. It woulda helped a couple days ago buddy. SMH...
Old 12-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Liked 2,750 Times in 922 Posts

I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW! WAH WAH WAH!
We are all ( notice I said we, myself included) so stinkin spoiled. It ain't that many years ago I watched my mom fill out a catalog order form, put it in the mail and be happy as heck when the order showed up 3 weeks later. It's STUFF; have some patients! get over it.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:02 PM

I'm guessing the e-bay sellers are getting lazy, but I get tracking info and a package has sat in NJ for two days after being processed. Most overseas orders are shipped airmail but still delivered via USPS. I wonder why it seems so smooth and flawless for those orders. I wish more sellers offered Fed Ex. I'd gladly pay the difference.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Which green laser did you get?
I see a lot on the market, and I have looked at a few from Lasermax.

I have a Surefire X400 laser/170 lumen light on my Glock 21SF, but I want a separate green laser for the S&W.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:38 PM

It's a knock off 532nm with knob adjustments. Look at ebay jg-016 green laser. I talked to a guy at the range with one on his .223 ar and he loved it. 1000+ rounds and it holds zero and works perfect.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:16 AM
Liked 106 Times in 37 Posts

Walk in a local store first. The smaller the chain the better. Independently owned the best. My Big 5 manager (yes, a chain too, wally world is across the street) knows me by name. I have never met the manager at wally world. My loyalty to face to face contact at a chain like Big 5 has paid back dividends in out-of policy-returns and other things. Buy American first, do it face to face when you can, resort to the internet last. The web has become the “norm” and first resort for too many. I still remember my deceased father teaching me the simple economics of “support your local economy”. He was correct. If you paid cash over a counter it would be in your hands now. No Gripe.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:35 AM

Wish it were that easy. My local shops stock squat! Third largest city in louisiana and the gun shops have to be shown a pic on the net for something as simple as a 45 degree picatinny rail mount. "wow, never seen that before!". I wish I had the money to open my own gun or computer shop around here. Seriously ridiculous! However, if you need a lift kit to fit your 24's on your crown vic, there are 50 shops locally that can fix you right up!

Last edited by Unit505; 12-30-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Liked 58 Times in 46 Posts

You guys really don't think small internet retailers stock all this stuff do you?

The realities of internet ("mail order") retail sales is they have very few items in stock and depend on their distributors and manufacturers for many items. They just can't afford the costs of inventory.

I recall a classic example of this from many years ago when I saw a full page advertisement in PC Shopper magazine listing hundreds of items. I knew this vendor to be a tiny store front in a suburban strip mall yet the ad implied they has a million square foot warehouse. They literally had nothing in stock, they got it all from their distributors as they sold it.

-- Chuck
Old 12-30-2011, 10:31 AM

I know they don't stock much, if anything, but if I'm selling, especially on ebay, I'd do my best to insure that my distributors were shipping as my ad describes. There are several issues, but the list tops off with USPS showing an item processed through a sort facility and sitting there for three or four days. The seller is pretty easily pointed out when they process an electronic shipping label, but then the item is not received by USPS for two or three days or more. It ticks me off when I'm working out of town for three or four days and get home to rate my ebay seller and they have already managed to post their own seller rating. I don't know why ebay allows this. I still ask, how can an item ship from overseas, and make it to my door faster than if my neighbor had mailed an item from their mail box to the local post office and back to my mailbox? Makes no sense to me! I typically pay around $2.00 U.S. for an overseas order. Is the exchange rate from Hong Kong or Japan enough to equal Priority Shipping for the USPS? My sister-in-law and her husband do the "Storage War" thing for a living and they deal strictly with Fed Ex Ground in order to keep making a living. It costs them about the same as Priority Shipping through USPS and their customers can track every step from door to door with no issues or delays (usually). To me, it's a business decision to ship as described and it seems that allot of sellers and USPS have allot to learn about business management and customer satisfaction. On a side note, I ordered my picatinny scope mount from Arizona Tuesday at lunch. The shipper advertised Fed Ex at $3 and change. My package showed up yesterday morning at 10am. WOW! This guy gets 5 stars all the way.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:39 PM

Unit 505, I understand when you’re not finding everything locally. And you made me laugh. I apologize for preaching. What I said about buying locally is one of my soapboxes. But this is a really cool gun forum and probably not the place for my heavy handed opinions. I don’t roll on 24s, and the thing I lifted the most in my life was a gurney.

Chuck, Yes, the term virtual (as in virtual store) means nothing to me. I would rather get ripped off face to face by a sleazy vendor that is always at the gun shows here. China mart junk, is junk, no matter where you buy it or who ships it. Mistake made, lesson learned.

And I’m in Arizona. I have two bags of potatoes in the freezer I am using for targets today. Going out to the desert with my three sons to shoot potatoes. That must sound incredibly redneck! Oh well….
Old 12-30-2011, 02:28 PM

PHXSHOOTER - Never thought about potatoes! Maybe my next targets. I did buy a box of clays that I'm trying to figure out a way to hang from strings to shoot at at various heights and distances. Cheap plinking targets. There are so many stores selling AR's around here, but you can only find a slim selection of mags, maybe some tac lights and scopes, but nothing in the way of triggers, rail accessories, Etc. As for the Crown Vics on 24's with lift kits........If I ever have the money to blow, I'm thinking about a used police cruiser rolling on 44" swamp boggers, a slew of 15" woofers and blaring some Hank Williams Jr. I can't imagine the looks I'll get when I roll into one of the local rim and tire shops looking for my lift kit. Guess that's just the jealous redneck in me. LOL
Old 12-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

I've been dealing with Midway for many years. If it shows Available it gets shipped.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
I've been dealing with Midway for many years. If it shows Available it gets shipped.
Same here; I've never been disappointed with them. I placed an order on the 28th and it will be delivered on Tuesday.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXSHOOTER View Post

And I’m in Arizona. I have two bags of potatoes in the freezer I am using for targets today. Going out to the desert with my three sons to shoot potatoes. That must sound incredibly redneck! Oh well….
Not redneck, at all. I've used potatoes, apples, oranges, tomatoes - most grocery stores have spoiled fruit and vegetables that they will give away . Nice part is the remains tend to disappear after a good rain or a visit from field animals.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:53 PM

The frozen potatoes were a huge success. My boys loved seeing them explode. And I have a dollar store near me that sells them for a buck a bag. We clean up after ourselves even in filthy desert range areas where there is an inch of broken glass on the ground, old washing machines and other **** that gives target shooters a bad name. The potatoes we did not have to clean up. The bugs and critters will enjoy the process. We can no longer use even the biodegradable clay pigeons here. There are wild burros in the area and the BLM says they eat them. Hence potatoes are our new favorite target. The 15-22 was a blast, the Model 97, 30-30 made them look like they detonated.

If clay is OK to shoot in your area there are now “clay pigeon holders” on the market to hold them in place as a static target. They are a short post to stick in the ground and a V shaped holder to place the target in. Pretty cool.

For internet shopping when I have to get those hard to find items I like Cheaper Than Dirt. It ships with a return label on there dime in case you have to return the item. I did have to return something and the process was painless!
Old 12-31-2011, 02:42 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i ordered a scope, scope rings, grip, light mount, ammo, and bi-pod from cheaperthandirt.com on 12/23...two days before Christmas... and still had it at my door on 12/28. for being right at Christmas I found that to be pretty fast.

Americans have a lot of holidays this time of year and lots of time off. i'll gladly wait a little longer to my stuff to maintain that quality of living. plus i've worked warehouse during the holiday season. its brutal.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:11 PM

Followup ...

Magazines ordered from 44mag.com on the 28th.
Hogue grip ordered from OpticsPlanet on the 28th.
Both shipped on the 29th.
Both arrived this afternoon - the 31st.

Tags
223, lasermax, scope, surefire