Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 03-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Does YER wife LOVE shooting??? Does YER wife LOVE shooting??? Does YER wife LOVE shooting??? Does YER wife LOVE shooting??? Does YER wife LOVE shooting???  
Liked 445 Times in 297 Posts
Default Does YER wife LOVE shooting???

Well... its a DONE deal

Wife and I went out to the Arizona desert today....

She really liked it better than indoor range.... Open area... and More relaxing for sure

300+ Rounds of federal Champions.... LOTS of DEAD plastic bottles (we took home when done :-) )

Also got her a Walthers P22..... and after over 100+ rds of CCI thru it...... SHE loved it

Have 6 more 25rd Mags (will make 19 total) and 2 Black dog 50rd Mags Coming from 44mag.com as of 2 minutes ago....

Anyways... hope yer BETTER half enjoys yer toys like MINE does

Stav
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
Old 03-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Does YER wife LOVE shooting??? Does YER wife LOVE shooting??? Does YER wife LOVE shooting??? Does YER wife LOVE shooting??? Does YER wife LOVE shooting???  
Liked 4,286 Times in 2,238 Posts

Congratulations!!!!

My wife shows no interest in shooting, but she is supportive of my shooting and never questions what I spend.

I'll settle for that.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Liked 22 Times in 19 Posts

I wish, my wife doesn't even like to be in the same room when I am messing with them. One day I'lll get her out there though. I keep dropping hints she needs to learn how to use them in case I'm not home.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Liked 376 Times in 226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkess View Post
I wish, my wife doesn't even like to be in the same room when I am messing with them. One day I'lll get her out there though. I keep dropping hints she needs to learn how to use them in case I'm not home.
X2... I'm working on it though. She did go to the range with me once but the guy next to us was firing off .45 and she shook with every shot. That was a short day at the range... I later realized that the ear protection she was wearing was ****. No wonder...

You would think I would have learned by now. Wanted her to go 4 wheeling with me in my Jeep many years ago. She had to get to school for a test and I told her "no problem, I never get stuck." Guess what happened.... yep.

Wanted to take her surfing. Picked a day when we had to put on spring suits as the water was still a bit cold. It was also chest high, choppy with onshore winds. Very disorganized waves and cloudy. I turned around, saw a surfboard flying through the air and her two feet sticking out of the water. Has she been suring since??? nope.

Wanted to go with friends to a sand bar in the FL intracoastal. She wanted to go with them on their boat but we just got my dad's jet boat fixed. Come On I told her, let's take our own! I'll trailer it, drop it and we can do what we want, when we want to! She finally folded. We took the boat, dropped it in, went about 200 yards and the alarms started going off. It overheated and we were dead in the water. Took 2 hours to get a tow and to get it back to the docks. Think she'll do that again??? nope.

So, I guess faulty ear protection and a .45 in the stall next to us is par for the course.

I'm getting close though. I think I have her talked into getting a .22 pistol and going shooting with a couple of her friends. Wish me luck.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:49 PM
US Veteran
Liked 1,581 Times in 447 Posts

My wife knows how to shoot, and will shoot about once every other month. She makes sure she can still handle the gun and put rounds on the target. Then she is done. She does not enjoy shooting. But she has never stopped me from shooting or acquiring Smiths. Gotta love her for that!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:02 PM

I am REALLY Lucky...

Quit the REAL world in WA ... ta sell and race TOY cars In Arizona.... wife was 100% behind me (she has Masters deg in Social Work so is REAl smart).... But I made the BIG $$$ in my past Life.... still working on a DECENT paycheck now...LOVE YA CHI

She Loves Camping... Reads and Fishes.... LOVES scuba Diving......... and LOVES 110deg weather...

110lb Korean girl who seem ta like hanging out with this Greek guy......

Now she Likes Shooting...... Never had shot a gun before last week.... has PESTERED me for 5 yrs ta TEACH her at a RANGE... did it once... now she prefers the desert better

Fun Times ahead.... and my 2-50rd Mags i ordered today....LOL
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 03-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Liked 31 Times in 22 Posts

Ive been a scuba diver for about six years, shave been a hard core radio control airplane guy for nearly 26 years, riding a bicycle (120 miles per week) for about five years, and got into shooting this year.

I don't like watching any pro sports. Nope, none.

My wife doesn't enjoy any of my hobbies, but likes pro football.

But at least she doesnt complain too much when I buy stuff. She wasn't happy about me buying a gun though.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Liked 4,286 Times in 2,238 Posts

My wife knew about my shooting when we got married 45 years ago. Too many folks never discuss these things before the wedding.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Liked 6,562 Times in 2,597 Posts

Mine likes to shoot, but not often. I've bought her, whoops lets slow down, she stole a custom pre 64 Model 70 Winchester from me when she started deer hunting and killed a lot of deer with it, I bought her a Kimber 84 in 7mm08 and she has continued to bag deer including one really nice wall hanger. I bought her a Browning Micro Gold 20 guage, a Nickel 4" Model 19, a Ruger Bearcat and recdently she picked out her gun for CCW, a Sig 250. I've created a monster, my brother accuses her of stealing the best hunting partner he ever had. And just to day I held up my new 4" 629 and asked, what is this? She said S&W 44 Mag. She also can ID my Pythons by sight. Pretty cool huh?
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
Old 03-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Liked 51 Times in 24 Posts

Not a wife, but my girlfriend will come to the range with me about half the time. Last time she was actually pretty excited about it and even hung around and helped me clean my rifles afterwards. This is great for me since I have become obsessed with shooting and go to the range as much as possible now that the weather is getting nice.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Liked 46 Times in 17 Posts
Talking

My fiance has rheumatoid arthritis, and likes to shoot as mush as I do! Got her concealed carry license, and never leaves home without her ruger .380

She likes pistols more than rifles, and really likes my 6906. Plus she is a dead shot with her 10/22....Life is good!
Old 03-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Liked 69 Times in 12 Posts

My Wife loves to shoot. She is dying to get to the outdoor range and try my Mosin Nagant. She has never fired a rifle larger than a .22 before.

She also carries. She started with a Taurus PT140 and now carries a RIA compact 1911. She knows how to load/unload, fire, and clean every gun in the house.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:29 AM
Liked 1,185 Times in 453 Posts

My wife grew up hunting and shooting with her Dad (who is a multiple
world/national champion SASS shooter) -- she is also good-looking, intelligent and likes the girly things as well -- when we were dating (she had just graduated from Ole Miss) I was washing her car for her and found that she carried a Walther PPK in her console. She makes a few duck hunts a year and loves to target shoot. Her chosen carry guns
(besides the Walther) are a Colt Agent (in her nightstand) and alternatively, a Beretta P-4 Storm (9 mm) or a Sig-Sauer 226 (9 mm) -- she picked them out on a half-day visit to a popular gun store near our home. During my deployments over the past years for the War on Terror, she was home alone with two young sons, so being comfortable with weapons was/is a good thing. She gets some interesting comments as her rear windshield (with Episcopal Day School sticker, and football helmet logo's with the boy's names on them, typical "soccer mom" decals, is also adorned with an NRA sticker, a
"Got Sig?" sticker, and a CCW decal.) Given the times we live in, more women are learning to shoot and getting comfortable carrying.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

My wife and I shoot every week. She is not a big fan of .22s. But will shoot the 15-22 and enjoys it. Her favorites are the .45s. For some reason she keeps aquiring new weapons. Her latest, a FNP45 Tactical with a Trijicon RM04 site.

She can buy whatever she likes. The problem is, she likes expensive weapons. At least she's not buying shoes for that kind of money!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Liked 109 Times in 79 Posts

Only in my dreams does she like to shoot but does tolerate my shooting and gun thing. She did shoot a bigger elk than I have ever shot but that was years ago and now I will not even shoot an elk unless it is bigger than hers so needless to say I haven't shot an elk for years but it is still fun to get outdoors hunting.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Talking Does your wife love shooting: YES

I am very fortunate. My bride of 41 years likes to shoot. She is an NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA RSO and will soon be a CFP instructor for Utah. She is very good at working with the other gals (particularly new shooters) at the Rifle and Pistol Venue of the SUSSP. She owns an impressive arsenal, carries regularly and is a very good shot. Remarkedly, she has only been shooting for 2.5 years! For our anniversary last week she bought me a 300 Weatherby Vanguard S2 for Elk hunting.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

my wife will go out and shoot skeet with me, but for some reason doesn't have interest in pistol or rifle shooting
Old 03-26-2012, 09:31 AM
US Veteran
Liked 1,177 Times in 318 Posts

Mine likes to shoot and carries the 642 "Ladysmith" I bought her everyday. It's loaded with Corbon DPX +P.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Love is such a strong word. If it's the right day of the right month and the moon is right and she has nothing else she'd rather do, she enjoys coming to the range with me. In other words, it ain't high on the priority list but when she does go she has fun.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:16 AM
SWCA Member
Liked 19 Times in 8 Posts

my wife was never too excited about shooting, but over
the years, she has mellowed and changed her mind

she now LOVES to shoot.....but.....there are conditions
22 cal handgun is about all she will shoot
doesnt like the indoor range due to the lead (me either, really)
loves going outdoors.....as long as the weather is nice

so....i cant and wont complain

oh...and she is a pretty darn good shot too

we were out one time shooting targets
there was a house fly buzzing around the target
(we were about 15 yards out)
she called the shot and plastered the poor thing with one shot

that is how she got her nickname: annie
Old 03-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Liked 386 Times in 208 Posts

until last year the only time SWMBO even shoot a firearm was my 45 at outdoor range..one shoot missed target she put it down and said she had enough..
last year there were several home invasions in our area and she started talking about wanting to protect herself, but did not want to shoot anybody.
signed her up for the NRA's pistol course just so she could understand shooting and firearms a little better.
well the instructor did a great job converting her to a shooter. i watched as she went from missing the target on the first 3 rounds to putting them in the 3" ring at 30 yards. grinning from ear to ear... she now has her own little collection of favorite shooters from .22 to her new redhawk.
one more thing we can enjoy together.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Does YER wife LOVE shooting??? Does YER wife LOVE shooting???  
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

If she didn't I wouldn't have married her.
The Following 3 Users Like Post:
Old 03-26-2012, 01:02 PM

Looks like a LOT of us are Lucky men........
Old 03-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Liked 526 Times in 270 Posts

mine loves to shoot. she grew up in a family that shot. she had a permit to carry before i met her. her father actually pushed her to carry at a young age. she is on most days, a better shot than i am. she carries a 637 loader with golden saber bonded 125gr. +p. she is not recoil sensitive, but rather small and it makes it hard for her to shoot any double stack. she will shoot my colt defender at almost any chance she gets. we don't shoot together as often as i would like, but she does love it.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:30 AM
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

My wife loves guns, she has as many guns as i do. We shoot almost every weekend. She carries 1 on her belt, and 1 in her purse. She also collects knives like I do. During the winter a fun day for us is a trip to the LGS, look at guns, shoot for awhile, then if there is a Gun Show, we go spend a couple hours there.
I am a lucky man, except that whenever I look at new gun i want to purchase, I have to take the price and double it, because if i get it, she is gonna get a new one as well...LOL
I
Old 03-27-2012, 05:39 AM
Liked 75 Times in 53 Posts

Wife does not like guns period. Showed her my late fathers gun collection when we started dating; there were over 100 weapons in the room. She did not want anything to do with them then. Sold them off to help mom out with her living expenses.

The wife does not mind me going hunting or shooting as long as she gets her clothes, shoes, and stuff.

Our 26 yr old daughter will go shoot at the indoor range from time to time and is a pretty good shot with her P22.

Bill
Old 03-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

My wife loves her old bolt-action .22 Glenfield(!), with 4x scope, bustin' paintballs on golf tees at 25yds all day, but refuses to join me at our local indoor range.....hates to "waste her time" on paper targets!

T
Old 03-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep, my wife likes to shoot too. Though her gun of choice just has too much muscle for me. She calls it her "baby", a 6" Colt Python. She even used it to qualify during her CCW class. Her purse gun is a snubnose Smitty 38 with a CT laser on it. The other day she went down back to shoot a Raccoon, I heard a single shot and a few minutes she was back to the cabin. Her comment, "What a sweet shoot". I replied, "Laser work good?" She said, "Hell, I forgot to turn it on."
Old 03-27-2012, 08:56 AM
US Veteran
Liked 2,789 Times in 1,171 Posts

Mine loves to shoot too. Not as much as I do, but she does really enjoy it. She is a pretty fair shot.
She has the one pistol & one shotgun philosophy. Which, is entirely foreign to me.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My wife moved to TN from England about 12 years ago. Being from England, she has not been around guns at all. She got her carry permit when I did a few years ago mainly so she would be comfortable with me having guns around and carrying in public. Got my 15-22 a few months ago and thought she would enjoy shooting since it is a 22LR. Got her on video shooting it for the first time. Filmed her shooting most of the first clip, but wish I would have recorded her shooting the whole 25 round mag and then asking me "Is that all?" after she fired the last round. I took 4 mags to the range and could not load fast enough to keep up with her shooting.
I think she is hooked!!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:20 PM
US Veteran
Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts

My wife's been shooting since she was 10 (love how Minnesota raises women). I haven't been able to take her out with the 15-22 yet (she's pregnant) which kinda bums her out.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Does YER wife LOVE shooting???

Yes.

She has her own Walther P22 (O/D Green) with a Veridian green laser (also O/D green), and a Ruger MarkII (Bull barrel) With Volquartsen accurizing kit, extended magazine release, extended bolt release, and a Clark hammer bushing.

The Walther doesn't see much range time though.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

My girl drives a 79 lifted blazer that towers over my little toyota... You do the math :-)
Both of our little girls have been shootin since they were 5. Mine loves shootin eggs and sodas, squeels everytime she hits one. Thats her hittin targets in prone like a pro in the avatar.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

The first time my girlfriend ever shot a gun was with me (don't remember the name of the gun). She loves shooting the MP 15-22 now. I went to Academy to purchase a Mossberg tactical .22, but once we held it then we held the MP 15-22, she told me to get the Smith because she said the mossberg felt like a toy. So pretty much thanks to her I own an awesome rifle!
Old 03-30-2012, 03:13 PM
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

my wife hated guns until she shot my .45 then she loved it (should I worry) lol. she does hate going to the indoor range loves the outdoor one though i guess its got to do with other people being around although i a little nervous with the way ive seen some peoples gun ettiquet
Old 03-31-2012, 11:28 PM
Liked 29 Times in 26 Posts

My wife bought me a Ruger GP100 for our first anniversary in 1989. Sometimes she would go shooting with me and the boys, but she would get bored. That is until last weekend, I took her to an USPSA shoot. On the trip home she was working on a shopping list for her own gear, so we wouldn't have to share a holster and mag pouch, then Tuesday, she bought 1400 rounds of 9mm ammo. So she might have been slow to catch on, but she's in.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

My future wife loves shooting! She went one day with me and her dad and she's been hooked ever since. She has her own pink Remington 870 and a pink 15-22. We've been looking every where for the m&p 9mm Julie goloski can't seam to find it though. The one thing I can say to some of the guys trying to get your wives into shooting is after you teach her all the safety rules and how to properly operate the gun step back and let her do it herself. It will make a difference when they can go to the range and do everything for themselfs they will have a sence of accomplishment and be better prepared to use the weapon if the need where to ever arise. By no means am I saying hand them the gun and tell them to go crazy. It's just like starting any new person off on shooting make sure you go over all the safety rules and how to properly operate the gun first. I hope that every guy here gets as luck as I am and has the wife or girlfriend ask them every day if they could take them to the sportsman club to go shooting or fishing.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

My wife loves to shoot. She has 2 pistols that I bought her (Walther p22 & Charter arms 38 special (Lady Lavender)).

She never shot a gun or bow before she met me and now she shoots both guns and archery and loves it. She's a pretty good shot too.
We normally go shooting at least every other week if not more and we switch off between guns and archery.

It's so nice to have a wife with the same interests as you!!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Liked 1,990 Times in 348 Posts

When I met my girlfriend 4 years ago she had nicer guns than I did. I told her after I took this she's never been more attractive to me.

Usually when I get a new gun she asks where mine is. It's a good problem to have.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

My wife knew when we were dating, that I had a firearm, a Ruger Security Six. By the time we married, I added a Thompson Contender and a reloading press.

She finally wanted to shoot when I purchased a Beretta 92FS and she enjoyed it. She didn't want to shoot the "cannon", which was the Contender w/10" bull barrel chambered for .44 Magnum.

She has NEVER frowned upon this hobby of mine. I regularly clean my guns in the kitchen, I show both my daughters what these do and in fact, my oldest has shot my .22 M&P-15-22 and she loves it.

I'm now up to 3 long arms, 2 pistols and I'll probably end up with one or two more long arms and 2 more handguns - one will be a revolver and the other , a polymer just to round out the collection. I see a shotgun in the future but thinking about something larger than a .223 once I get tired of that caliber but it's new to me so that might take a few years.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:32 PM

800rds in the desert yesterday... just us 2

Im a Lucky man....

And I installed my Slide fire today... cant WAIT till she sees It

:-)
Old 04-02-2012, 09:51 PM
US Veteran
Liked 8,689 Times in 2,312 Posts
Default Shooting buddies

My wife of 32 years loves to shoot....She just started last year. Who says people can't change. She used to only tolerate my guns and hated the handguns even being near the house. Last Thanksgiving my older kids came home and I took them out to the range. After they left with their families my wife asked if I would take her out shooting. After 1 magazine of my S&W .45 M&P she was smitten.
Now we go to the range together at least once a week. She shoots anything and everything (she even shot my SW 500 once) but likes her Bersa 380 Thunder best..go figure She owns 4 pistols of her own. None of them Smith's. And she doesn't like wheel guns. To hard for her to pull the trigger. But.. we have a blast. She like's going to gun shows too and got her CCW permit in December. What a turnaround!
John 1:17
NRA Life Benefactor
Old 04-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Lost my wife 4 years ago Aug at a young 36. She loved camping shooting fishing basically everything I love. Thought well its just me and my daughter(now 4).Well I reunited with a friend from childhood and last weekend went to the range and put 200 rounds through my bench rifle. When we left she quietly asked if she could have a gun.I said of coarse.( And to myself looked at my daughter and said thank you lord 2 in a lifetime is some gift.) We are currently planning our wedding.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Tags
1911, 226, 629, 6906, beretta, browning, ccw, colt, concealed, kimber, model 19, nra, ppk, ruger, sass, sauer, skeet, smith & wesson, smith and wesson, tactical, taurus, trijicon, walther, weatherby, winchester