Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 07-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Looking hard for the fabled MOE FDE. Are they extinct??? Looking hard for the fabled MOE FDE. Are they extinct??? Looking hard for the fabled MOE FDE. Are they extinct??? Looking hard for the fabled MOE FDE. Are they extinct??? Looking hard for the fabled MOE FDE. Are they extinct???  
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Looking hard for the fabled MOE FDE. Are they extinct???

Hey everyone!

I am a new member but I've been creeping on the forums for over a month now. I shot my buddies 15-22 and I loved it, I have been dying to get my hands on the S&W 15-22 MOE FDE 811035 version. I have read all the posts about different places to get them like GandRtactical, buds, palmetto state, and the other dealers (including local stores and ones all over my state of Georgia, as well as Florida while I was visiting friends.) But everyone and their mom seems to be out of stock for the past month at least. If any of you know where I could get one (looking for $550max out the door, buds police at $447 would be awesome if they were in stock ) please let me know. I've been holding out for a while now, passing up black MOEs and the stock model. I have my mags and ammo just sitting in the corner glaring at me each day.

Thanks for whatever help and advice you guys have. I'm looking forward to plinking away to my hearts content one day...
Old 07-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Looking hard for the fabled MOE FDE. Are they extinct??? Looking hard for the fabled MOE FDE. Are they extinct??? Looking hard for the fabled MOE FDE. Are they extinct??? Looking hard for the fabled MOE FDE. Are they extinct??? Looking hard for the fabled MOE FDE. Are they extinct???  
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Sportsman Warehouse in Chattanooga TN had one a few days ago. I bought mine there back in May for $539.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Liked 122 Times in 69 Posts

It's often difficult to find MOE's and FDE's, they go out of stock fast. Add Kyle's Gunshop to your list of potential sellers and check in person (call them). You may also have luck contacting S&W internal sales, they can tell you which distributors are getting the inventory.

I'm pretty sure there was 1 in stock last week at Independence Guns Welcome to Independence Firearms but they may not ship. It's a huge store with good prices and friendly knowledgeable staff, worth the drive for anyone remotely local.

Good luck, it's worth the wait.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts

Here you go: Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 MOE Dark Earth S&W Magpul : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com
Old 07-08-2012, 02:45 AM
Liked 658 Times in 365 Posts

The replacement parts will set you back about $170 paying full retail for genuine Magpul parts. But I guess finding an A-1 style compensator rifle for $380 isn't possible

Last edited by Kayback; 07-08-2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Liked 261 Times in 193 Posts

try shooters in jacksonville, fl. they're a pretty large store and sometimes if they dont have one on hand, they can check other places.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Buds has em all the time, but once they pop up, they're gone within an hour or two

Add your email to buds waiting list and you'll be notified when they have more
Old 07-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Liked 58 Times in 46 Posts

Brownells "Coyote" Alumahyde spray paint is a match for the MayPul FDE color. Just read the instructions and be patient and you can color the entire rifle if you want.

-- Chuck
Old 07-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Wow!

Your not joking about buds having them for only a couple of hours. One popped up this morning, was then put on the VIP members only list, and is now gone! I was hoping to call them and see if they could transfer it to buds police, since I figure its the same company, but of course its Sunday so I have to wait till Monday to contact them... Oh well.

Thanks for all the good advice, I am considering buying a black MOE for much less, and working some deal with a local shop to trade for the FDE parts. I sense it will be mine soon... Hopefully on Monday I will be able to make some calls. Gotta keep it under that $550max price.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Liked 33 Times in 24 Posts

That's the deal right there, if it's what you want. The seller has a good rep and it's just $25 shipping.. JMO.. Ron
Old 07-08-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohopelli View Post
That's texcept ihe deal right there, if it's what you want. The seller has a good rep and it's just $25 shipping.. JMO.. Ron
except its closer to $600 after ffl fees. if its what you really want then i say go for it. ive spent a little extra on all 3 guns just for the color but im 100% happy with them.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0ady View Post
except its closer to $600 after ffl fees. if its what you really want then i say go for it. ive spent a little extra on all 3 guns just for the color but im 100% happy with them.
Transfer fees and shipping are usually cheaper than sales tax here in East Tennessee. Background checks (TICS) are always there. I looked for a solid month and $499 was about the cheapest on-line price I could find on a black MOE. Buds Gun Shop is usually a good benchmark on prices.

I'm a member at a local range and they do transfers for $15. They had had the MOE on order for weeks and one showed up the day after I asked them to check. They let me have it for $499, but with 10% sales tax and TICS it cost me about $560 out the door.. I was happy with that.. Ron
Old 07-08-2012, 09:11 PM

makes sense. i found my od green for $460 at academy, ended up around $500 after taxes and fees. i paid $80-100 more for the color than just a regular black model but it was worth it.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:20 PM

Yep.. Time most always works against you on something that sells good.. Wait a few months and pay 10% more.. I like OD.. Ron

The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 07-08-2012, 10:04 PM

very nice! if i ever get a 1911, it will be something very similar.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Yeah it would have been around $615 with taxes, shipping, and ffl transfer. I'm holding out for the $550. Sweet 1911 though!!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:41 AM
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I ordered a MOE 15-22 from buds last week for $512 shipped. Transfer for $25 so $537 out the door is not to bad IMO. I have also spent another $500 for accessories so far. Got my order from JoeBobs already and my Brownells order will be here tomorrow. And I dont even have the gun yet... lol
Old 07-09-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberbaseball7 View Post
I ordered a MOE 15-22 from buds last week for $512 shipped. Transfer for $25 so $537 out the door is not to bad IMO. I have also spent another $500 for accessories so far. Got my order from JoeBobs already and my Brownells order will be here tomorrow. And I dont even have the gun yet... lol
Seems to be the way of it. Congratulations.. Ron
Old 07-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0321/0317 View Post
Yeah it would have been around $615 with taxes, shipping, and ffl transfer. I'm holding out for the $550.
Buy it now price: $539
Shipping: $25
Tax: $0 (Unless you live in MO)
FFL: $15

Total: $579.00

Total is over $550, but if you really WANT it, and it's hard to find, $29 more dollars isn't really that bad.

Last edited by stlr_dude; 07-09-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Liked 4,286 Times in 2,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlr_dude View Post
Buy it now price: $539
Shipping: $25
Tax: $0 (Unless you live in MO)
FFL: $15

Total: $579.00

Total is over $550, but if you really WANT it, and it's hard to find, $29 more dollars isn't really that bad.
What's better, a rifle in hand for $579 or no rifle for $550?
Old 07-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey guys!

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who gave me advice on this topic. I finally found one... well 4 in fact, at Shooters of Jacksonville. I was only about 2 hours away today so I drove on down and grabbed one at $539.99. After tax it ended up being around $570 so I did go over my target price, but of course... it was worth it! I have been looking for over a month now so I am glad that part is over and I can now start shooting it.

Funny thing: I met my brother in law today for the first time, I showed him my 15-22 all excited, trying to tell him all the great things I have heard about it, and he goes and pulls one out too! I was like "Damn dude! We gotta shoot together!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN6002.jpg (121.2 KB, 128 views)
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 07-11-2012, 05:41 PM

glad to hear it worked out.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:50 PM
US Veteran
Liked 1,359 Times in 451 Posts

They are around but sometimes finding one can be a challenge. I ordered this one from my LGS and within 2 weeks it was there. Don't forget to get some FDE magazines to go along with yours.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05132.jpg (97.2 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04588.jpg (97.2 KB, 60 views)
Old 07-14-2012, 01:06 AM
Liked 75 Times in 52 Posts

I was at the Sportsmans Warehouse in Loveland, CO today and they had the FDE MOE for $539.00.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:58 PM
US Veteran

Here's my FDE MOE in action...Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 MOE FDE First Shots - YouTube
Old 07-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Liked 15 Times in 5 Posts

I picked one up a few days ago and paid $529 (plus fees). It took my local dealer a few weeks to get it in. I think a price on that range is pretty good, since the MBUS is roughly $100 when sold separately.

Did anyone else find their initial bore cleaning to be unusually difficult? Whatever was in mine reminded me of cosmoline. I may polish the bore as it looks rougher than I expected.

Otherwise, I'd say I've never found a gun that was easier to clean, and as all of you know, it is fun to shoot!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Liked 230 Times in 149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber 22 View Post
Did anyone else find their initial bore cleaning to be unusually difficult?
Yup. I broke a brand new 3-piece cleaning rod trying to clean it. And almost couldn't get a new 1-peice rod through it. And even my bore snake was a problem.

But now it's gotten easier, and I'm using only the bore snake.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:45 PM

I couldn't get my (new) rifle boresnake to fall through.. I used a well worn pistol boresnake. I cleaned it last night after 200 rounds and was able to use the new one. It did snag on the ejector which took some force to back out enough to untangle it. The brush section had already cleared the muzzle, but it was still tough to back out a half inch. I wedged a chop stick throuch the loop and against the upper to leverage it back.. Got to watch that next time.. Ron
Old 07-15-2012, 09:05 PM
US Veteran

The only thing I didn't like about cleaning it was the fixed ejector. So as not to scratch my cleaning rod I first placed a plastic straw over the ejector, this protects your rod and the ejector. Now I just use an OTIS pull through which is easier and I don't have to worry about the rod. My Dewey rod looks and feels like a cat clawed it prior to using the straw.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:06 PM
US Veteran
Liked 159 Times in 59 Posts

Walked into my LGS to buy a standard black one today and there sat an MOE FDE. Since I had my son with me I was sunk on trying to take home the standard look after he saw that. But, since I plan to add an optic, like the folding sights, and I think it looks kinda cool myself, I forked over the $539. and took it home.

I don't think it shoots any better for the extra $100, but I do really like it! I'll forget what I paid as soon as I buy the next gun anyway.

Now, where can you get FDE mags?

Munster
Old 07-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Liked 75 Times in 52 Posts

Here is a place that sells them. They are out right now, but you can get them to email you when more are in stock.

M&P15 .22 CAL FDE BROWN 25RD MAG - Natchez Shooters Supplies
Old 07-15-2012, 11:16 PM

like i said, shooters here in jax usually has or can get a lot of guns out there.

saw another green 15-22 at academy sports today.

and ya pulling my boresnake is still a pain. good idea on the straw, ive seen a few people post that.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:43 PM

I sold my sights for $85 IIRC.. Brought the price down considerably.. Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munsterf18 View Post
Walked into my LGS to buy a standard black one today and there sat an MOE FDE. Since I had my son with me I was sunk on trying to take home the standard look after he saw that. But, since I plan to add an optic, like the folding sights, and I think it looks kinda cool myself, I forked over the $539. and took it home.

I don't think it shoots any better for the extra $100, but I do really like it! I'll forget what I paid as soon as I buy the next gun anyway.

Munster
Old 07-16-2012, 09:17 AM

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one whose barrel seemed overly cruddy. I think "match quality" has become an advertising gimmick, because it sure doesn't look like it!

Quote:
I don't think it shoots any better for the extra $100...
Of course not; but, like you said, you want to put optics on it anyway and they fold down nicely. They look pretty cool, too.

Quote:
Since I had my son with me I was sunk on trying to take home the standard look after he saw that.
Go ahead, blame it on him....

Quote:
Smith & Wesson, although they probably cost more. S&W told me they use a flat rate of $6 for shipping, so that might make a difference if you buy a bunch.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
saw another green 15-22 at academy sports today.
Is that a distributor special of some sort? I have yet to see a green 15-22, nor have I seen it on there website. I'm happy with the FDE, so I'm just curious...
Old 07-16-2012, 11:12 AM

Thought they were Walmart specific?

Target?
Old 07-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I was just now contacted by buds gun shop...They have a 811035 (MOE FDE) in stock. I found and bought bought one on Thursday, so I don't need another! Good Luck!! HURRY!!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber 22 View Post
Is that a distributor special of some sort? I have yet to see a green 15-22, nor have I seen it on there website. I'm happy with the FDE, so I'm just curious...
believe the green 15-22 is specific to academy sports. from the very little information ive found online, thats where most people seem to have gotten them and apparently s&w only made about 300 of them.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
believe the green 15-22 is specific to academy sports. from the very little information ive found online, thats where most people seem to have gotten them and apparently s&w only made about 300 of them.
Thanks w0ady!
Old 07-17-2012, 03:11 PM

no problem, i was tempted to buy another green 15-22 but the gf wouldnt be too happy with that haha.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
no problem, i was tempted to buy another green 15-22 but the gf wouldnt be too happy with that haha.
You mean she could tell one green gun from another???

"Honey, why does your green gun make a bigger noise sometimes, that it does other times?"

"Oh, that's just this more powerful ammo I'm trying out in it, dear."
Old 07-17-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraisley View Post
You mean she could tell one green gun from another???

"Honey, why does your green gun make a bigger noise sometimes, that it does other times?"

"Oh, that's just this more powerful ammo I'm trying out in it, dear."
she knows about all 3 of mine and has 2 of her own. in fact, she asked me to put a few rounds through her snub .38 today when i took my 15-22 out. she doesnt practice as often as id like but we did get our concealed permits together.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
she knows about all 3 of mine and has 2 of her own.
Well, it's great that she shoots too, and participates in your hobby. In my case, my wife hates guns, so it's best she can't tell one from another. Or one accessory from another.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:

Munster
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkyplr View Post
Here is a place that sells them. They are out right now, but you can get them to email you when more are in stock.

M&P15 .22 CAL FDE BROWN 25RD MAG - Natchez Shooters Supplies
I called S&W the pother day, and they were out of stock, but Natchez came through (hkyplr's link above) and I ordered some last night.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:49 AM

ya shes not a huge fan of the noise and recoil but at least she understands the necessity.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Can anybody tell me if $575 out the door is a good price for this rifle? Thanks!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssandy713 View Post
Can anybody tell me if $575 out the door is a good price for this rifle? Thanks!
A GOOD price? Probably not. (The highest local price around here is $539, plus 7% sales tax is $577.) A REASONABLE price? Okay, if you really want one. I bought mine for $479 plus tax, and another local shop sells for $474, WHEN they have them.

But prices vary from place to place. I refused to pay the $539, when I knew I could eventually get one for $474. But the next week, found the one for $479, and took it home.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Most shops in Miami area, when they have the 811035, tag at 515...about 545 out the door. I had actually just bought one a few weeks ago only to find out 2 days ago my wife had bought me one for our anniversary next month. So I guess I should be able to sell my first one pretty easy...or have one for my left hand
Old 07-18-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
ya shes not a huge fan of the noise and recoil but at least she understands the necessity.
My wife loves to shoot. She loves clays and wants her own O/U. A decent O/U will cost more than ALL MY OTHER GUNS COMBINED.

KBK
Old 07-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi Bobby, I sent you a email with info if you are looking to sell. Thanks.