Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 07-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Any recommendations on a bipod grip? Any recommendations on a bipod grip? Any recommendations on a bipod grip? Any recommendations on a bipod grip? Any recommendations on a bipod grip?  
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Any recommendations on a bipod grip?

does anybody have any recommendations on a bipod grip? A quick search shows a Mako T-Pod; Grip-Pod; Versa-Pod; and several cheapies. Any advice or recommendations? Thank you!
Old 07-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Any recommendations on a bipod grip? Any recommendations on a bipod grip? Any recommendations on a bipod grip? Any recommendations on a bipod grip? Any recommendations on a bipod grip?  
Liked 33 Times in 24 Posts

Get a "honest to GOD" grip pod and never look back.. JMO.. Ron
Old 07-24-2012, 02:57 AM
Liked 158 Times in 57 Posts

Agreed....Get a REAL Grip Pod.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:29 PM

I use a Grip-Pod on my Colt 6450 and it's great. Makes it a lot easier to sit around the house and works great as a bipod at the range. The 6450 is my coyote gun and I like to have it handy when I'm home.. Ron

Old 07-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Liked 75 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohopelli View Post
I use a Grip-Pod on my Colt 6450 and it's great. Makes it a lot easier to sit around the house and works great as a bipod at the range. The 6450 is my coyote gun and I like to have it handy when I'm home.. Ron

Looks like the Cat likes it handy also....
On the prowl for those damn dogs?
Old 07-24-2012, 05:34 PM

hahahahahaha... That's Freddie on Coyote watch.. Cheers.. Ron
Old 07-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Liked 357 Times in 238 Posts

I'm going to pick up the true Grip Pod gpsle or gps02. LE has polymer legs and states in description it's for light guns. The 02 military model has steel legs at about $60 more. Anyone have either of these models with reviews? I more want to know if the LE model will be fine on the 223&22
Old 07-25-2012, 12:26 AM
Liked 245 Times in 111 Posts

If you're really careful, you can easily get one either off eBay or a few other online sources that has the metal legs for considerably less than a new one. I believe they were issued to soldiers in recent years and many were brought back in surplus, hardly used. I had one with metal inserts in the legs, and like the others have said,it was well made. I'd definitely recommend it, but not for the $100+ that the new ones sell for.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Liked 357 Times in 238 Posts

Ok. I tried searching, but guess I'm not looking in the right places. How do you tell the genuine ones from the knock-offs?
Old 07-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Liked 245 Times in 111 Posts

There is no "absolute" way to be certain. For me, I looked for metal inserts in the legs, and decided not to buy the cheapest one there. I have little to no doubt that the one I had was authentic. When I sold it, I took pics with magnets stuck to the legs to show that there was metal in there. If you buy one for $20, you're probably getting a foreign knockoff. If you're getting it for $40 - $50, you're (hopefully) getting one that's real. Look at the feedback of the seller for others who may have already received theirs. In the end, having a stable bipod is surely important, but you're not firing a shotgun. There is a point of overkill when dealing with a .22 caliber lightweight rifle.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

thanks for the advice, everybody. i ended up ordering a REAL grip-pod for $99 on amazon. beware though - there is one for $99 that is real and one for $99 that is a chinese copy - you can tell which is which by the product reviews.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Obviously late to this party but a bit of usefull info...
I've found the wingnut on the cheap-o ones strip out easliy.
The shank of the bolt is also smaller than the real version causing more issues for heavier use.
Hope this helps...
Old 07-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First post...anyway I used a cheap grip pod, I think airsoft brand for 2 years in Afghan and it worked awesome. Being a dog handler it was a must for one handed shooting.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:32 AM
Liked 158 Times in 57 Posts

I was surprised to meet the owner/inventor of the GripPod at my local FOP range. He was shooting on the bench next to mine and offered to let me try out some of his guns. Really nice guy.

I already had one prior to meeting him though. It's a high quality piece if you get the authentic one.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

So I'm looking at buying a Grip-Pod from Primary Arms and they have two options

https://www.primaryarms.com/Grip_Pod...02_p/gps02.htm
Military Style

https://www.primaryarms.com/GripPod_...LE_p/gpsle.htm
Law Enforcement Style

Can anyone tell the difference between these two? I dont want to buy a cheap plastic one and have it break on me
Old 08-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Liked 261 Times in 193 Posts

looks like the military has steel legs and the le is all polymer, just my guess.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0ady View Post
looks like the military has steel legs and the le is all polymer, just my guess.
Thats what i was thinking too but I figured it would say that

Edit: Yes that is the difference, it says it under the part title. Definitely going to get the steel version and spend the extra money

Last edited by SFDevine7; 08-22-2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Being blind