Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 08-24-2014, 02:03 AM
Ammo Thread Scores Ammo Thread Scores Ammo Thread Scores Ammo Thread Scores Ammo Thread Scores  
Liked 44 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15Krounds View Post
20,000 + rounds?

Honestly, how long will that take you to burn through? I wouldn't have bothered with the thunderbolts.
I have a few friends that are ranchers. They have prairie dog problems and other pesky varmints to deal with. I keep them in supply when times are lean on the store shelves. Also gives me a few places to go when deer season finally rolls around. Keep landowners happy and life is good.
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 08-24-2014, 03:03 PM
Ammo Thread Scores Ammo Thread Scores Ammo Thread Scores Ammo Thread Scores Ammo Thread Scores  
Liked 4,286 Times in 2,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15Krounds View Post
20,000 + rounds?

Honestly, how long will that take you to burn through? I wouldn't have bothered with the thunderbolts.
I remember when 20k would have lasted me about three months ...
Old 08-30-2014, 05:07 PM
Liked 78 Times in 45 Posts

I just picked up the back-order of 500 CCI mini-mag round nose shells, ordered on 3/31, from Cabela's! I'd almost forgotten about the order!
Old 08-30-2014, 09:40 PM
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro57 View Post
I just picked up the back-order of 500 CCI mini-mag round nose shells, ordered on 3/31, from Cabela's! I'd almost forgotten about the order!
I got my order from then the other day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Liked 112 Times in 60 Posts

Got another email early this morning from Cabela's saying my 1000 rounds of CCI Minimags I ordered 3/31 are still backordered and tentatively scheduled to arrive at Cabela's on 9/30. I have plenty of 22LR now so the wait is no biggie.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Liked 95 Times in 55 Posts

Got my 2,100 rd can from Cabela's today. This will make 4 cans total, plus a can with 2x 525 rd boxes and 2x 550 rd boxes of federal.

I'll buy the 2,100 rd can anytime I can. Everything I have loves the federal.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:32 AM
Liked 129 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
Went by an LGS on the other side of town that I rarely go to since it's a pretty good drive, just happened to be on that side of town today. Anyway, they were flush with 22. I bet they probably had 40K rounds of CCI, Winchester, and Agulia, and that was just what I could see - who knows how much they might have had in the back. Of course, they are still charging out the nose for it (anywhere from $50-$80 for a brick of 500, $25 for 100 Mini Mags, just outrageous) so they're not selling any, and they have no idea why. I just laughed. I had stopped by to see if they had any 357sig, all they had was UMC for $50 a box. I told him it's normally half that, he offered to knock $5 off... Oh well, reminded me why I never go there.
THANK YOU! We need more people to do this. I'm far from complaining, but the market is getting destroyed here by people buying up ammo on the cheap, then turning around and selling it for a disgusting profit. If people stopped empowering them by purchasing it, then it would drive the local cost down. Anyways, good for you for passing up a stupid price on ammo.
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
Old 09-10-2014, 12:35 AM
Liked 129 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggbiker View Post
I got 1 of those also. As of now I have passed on buying 5000 rds of 22lr @ 5-9 cents a round. I am not looking for anymore this year. All those people that havnt found any are not looking very hard. BiggB
Again...not complaining, but you clearly don't live in craptastic Illinois. I can't order ANYTHING without calling my order in. The work around that other people enjoy, not everyone can take advantage of it. If Cabela's doesn't show it in stock on their site, they won't sell it to me. It's my struggle and it sucks. I'm not going to lie...I'm jealous at how easily everyone else is accumulating this stuff.

The lack of ammo and ammo at a good price put off my 15-22 purchase for a solid year. I finally jumped on the gun, but have nothing to feed it. Enjoy your spoils, fellas.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Liked 92 Times in 43 Posts
Thumbs up

Went into a LGS last week looking for AR parts and while talking to the proprietor I ask how it was going for them as far as getting 22 ammo and he says about the same as everywhere else, sketchy, and then he asks if I want to by some and he sells my son in law and me 3 boxes each of CCI 22 mini mag for $8.00 a box. I bought it, thanked him for not gouging and told him this wouldn't be forgotten. I refuse to participate in the **** that is going on, (I've always had a lot of 22 ammo before this anyway so I don't have to), but I would've paid him $10.00 a box and not felt bad about that and told him so and his response was when he can get if for a fair price, he'll sell it fair. I've done some business there before, and I'll continue to support a business with ethics of this caliber.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:08 PM
Liked 112 Times in 60 Posts

Well my CCI Minimag order from 3/31 has finally shipped!
Old 09-27-2014, 11:09 AM
Liked 44 Times in 36 Posts

Have recently scored 30 boxes of cc I minimal, either the swamp or tactical variety for friends from Cabelas. 300 rounds for $25 is not all that bad. They pay me $5 extra for my time.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Liked 44 Times in 36 Posts

Ready for a long trip.

Hope to shot most of the hoard by the end of it.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:26 PM

Got 600 rds of CCI std this week at Walmart. Apparently they were having a big hunting sale and got a ton of CCI in. Lasted about half a day before being sold out.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:26 AM
Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

Just wanted to thank you guys for posting links in the ammo thread.

I go through a lot of CCI Standard Velocity shooting suppressed. I've recently made two orders, two bricks each, from the Midway links you guys have been postings. Really helps, thanks.

And thanks goes out to Midway for offering it at $39.99/brick.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 12-23-2014 at 09:29 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
Old 01-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default M-22 Winchester

Just got word from MidayUSA my order placed on 12/7/13 is shipping today. 2,000 rounds Winchester M-22 for $94.99. Thank you Midway.

Last edited by pinchy226; 01-05-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchy226 View Post
Just got word from MidayUSA my order placed on 12/7/13 is shipping today. 2,000 rounds Winchester M-22 for $94.99. Thank you Midway.
Wow thats a long backlog! Sounds like one of my recent orders. I ordered some Federal from Palmetto on Dec 24 and have yet to receive any kind of shipment notice. What makes it worse is that I only ordered it because on that particular day it was all I could find online but since then much better prices on the same exact ammo have popped up. I placed an order and the other vender already has a shipment notification. It was for 3250 rounds.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:13 AM
Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchy226 View Post
That gives me hope... my Midway order for 2k was made two weeks after yours. Fingers crossed
Old 01-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

We'll see. I got the email today about the Standard CCI. It was phrased as "this is similar to something you've had backordered for along time" (Jan 20, 2013 in my case). Of course, it also had the claim that "we don't keep backorders beyond 1 year."

Curious to see what I get next... Happily, I got 4,000 M-22 when Dick's had their stockpile.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:22 PM

I have two shipments of ammo coming in Friday. One from Palmetto and the other from LAX. Combined that will be 3575 rounds of Federal. Added to my current stock of Norma Tac22 that puts me over 6000 rounds. If I stick to my trend of shooting 450-500 rounds each session at the range once a month I'm looking at a year's worth of ammo. LOL! I was planning on hitting up the range more than once a month though. It just hasn't worked out that way yet. I have kids LOL.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:49 PM

Just scored a bulk box (1000 rounds) of Winchester at Wal-mart for $50.25. I walked in about 7:30pm after I got off work to buy 5.56 magazines (which I didn't even know they didn't sell) for an AR pistol I just started building and as I did my usual quick glance in the direction of where the USUALLY empty 22LR section is I noticed a rather large black box sitting there. Do I even need to say that I was on that like white on rice? LOL! I didn't even plan on buying an 22LR for a long time because I had recently bought 3250 rounds of Federal from LAXAmmo and that put up over 6000 rounds. I figured I was good for the year. Now I can add two more trips to the range. The guy at the counter said they just started changing there stock times today. They are trying to trip up the hoarders that normally ambush them every morning at the time they used to stock it.

Last edited by Overpaid Union Thug; 01-15-2015 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:28 PM
Liked 89 Times in 50 Posts
Default Cabela's Score

I just happened to catch the most recent Winchester wooden box sale at Cabela's as highlighted on this forum. I ordered and picked up three boxes. I don't know if it's a good deal or not, but it's 22LR. I checked some of the cartridges and they are loose in the case. I can spin the bullets. They also appear to have been sloppily made. There are production marks (gouges) in a lot of the hollow points. If these aren't seconds, then they are certainly the bottom of the barrel. I guess Winchester and Cabela's know that we are pretty desperate for ammo, so they'll sell us anything, or I've been spoiled with CCI Tactical, Blazer, and CCI Standard Velocity.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:31 PM
Liked 26,551 Times in 8,465 Posts

You've been spoiled with CCI Ammo Thread Scores Thiis stuff is typical bulk,works fine for plinking with pistols,but I save the CCI for my rifles.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:38 PM
Liked 89 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay View Post
You've been spoiled with CCI Ammo Thread Scores Thiis stuff is typical bulk,works fine for plinking with pistols,but I save the CCI for my rifles.
Well I hope it will go through my 15-22. I'm planning on taking my kids and their friends shooting this spring and summer. Steel spinners at 50 yards. My son, especially, loves to rapid fire (spray and pray). I wanted something cheap to let them have some fun with. In two years I haven't had a single failure to feed or eject. I've had a couple of duds, and they were easily taken care of. The last time we all did this together, we used a Remington Bucket-o-Bullets, and they ran 99.99% (one dud). Say what you want about the Bucket-o-Bullets, but they were a much better visible quality than these Winchesters.

I got that bucket via Gander Mountain ship to store for $70. This last order of 1,500 Winchester rounds was ship to store at Cabela's for $111. I hope at least some of the good 'ol days comes back eventually.

Last edited by rgkitchen; 01-31-2015 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgkitchen View Post
I just happened to catch the most recent Winchester wooden box sale at Cabela's as highlighted on this forum. I ordered and picked up three boxes. I don't know if it's a good deal or not, but it's 22LR. I checked some of the cartridges and they are loose in the case. I can spin the bullets. They also appear to have been sloppily made. There are production marks (gouges) in a lot of the hollow points. If these aren't seconds, then they are certainly the bottom of the barrel. I guess Winchester and Cabela's know that we are pretty desperate for ammo, so they'll sell us anything, or I've been spoiled with CCI Tactical, Blazer, and CCI Standard Velocity.

I bought one from Cabelas online. I didn't think it was a great deal but not bad enough to pass up to get the wooden box. I ended up using it as a coffee table remote holder. It has my tv and Apple TV remote in it right now.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:12 PM
Liked 3,126 Times in 1,326 Posts

I passed on the Winchester box last week at Cabela's (in store). I had a brick of Thunderbolts and that box in hand while talking to one of the store employees as the rest flew off the shelf, some clearly to folks who were buying for buying (did I say hoarders?). Had not decided if I wanted either of them (really too expensive, but ...). Then over comes one of the gun counter guys I know with a mom and (older) kids looking for .22 for a first rifle they just bought for dad's birthday. Shelf was empty by that point. I just handed them what I was holding when I saw the situation.

I know nobody would do that for me (except a couple of members here ), but seemed the right thing to do.
The Following 9 Users Like Post:
Old 04-15-2015, 08:58 PM

A week's worth of shopping from Cabela's (loved the free shipping this week) and Midway.

And have another 200rds of CCI std coming Fri from Cabela's
Old 04-19-2015, 10:47 PM
Liked 3,126 Times in 1,326 Posts

Went through Bastrop LA this week. Big sporting goods store there had pallet lots of just about any variety (except CCI Mini Mag). Price was about 15% over my limit, but they had it. I didn't need the varieties they had, so passed for now.