Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 04-03-2015, 03:22 PM
Looking for a single point sling mount Looking for a single point sling mount Looking for a single point sling mount Looking for a single point sling mount Looking for a single point sling mount  
Liked 66 Times in 32 Posts
Default Looking for a single point sling mount

I'm trying to find a sling mount to fit on the faux buffer tube of my 15/22 so that I can use a single point sling (uses an HK hook).

Anyone have one that they like? Here's a couple I'm looking at, was wondering if anyone has any knowledge or experience with them or something else.

Troy industries

Midwest Industries
Old 04-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Looking for a single point sling mount Looking for a single point sling mount Looking for a single point sling mount Looking for a single point sling mount Looking for a single point sling mount  
Liked 1,247 Times in 650 Posts

One Point Sling Mount Aluminum Made | CAA - Command Arms Accessories

This is what i have on mine, clamps nice and tight, no movement and allows for full collapse of the stock..although i cannot really attest to its use for shortly after i put it on, i read after that the comps i enter don't allow the use of slings so, it just sits looking pretty. They have a selection check out the page. Not that its any different to the ones you posted.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:44 PM
US Veteran
Liked 260 Times in 151 Posts

I have the Midwest Industries mount (MCTAR-30), and it works very well. You will lose one position on the adjustable stock, but that was something I can easily live with. The mount seems to be a well made part.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:51 AM
Liked 130 Times in 93 Posts

I choose to use the magpul single point picatinny mount. I use it up high in front of my rear flip up and it keeps me from catching the rifle in the you know whats....
Old 04-04-2015, 06:47 AM

Thanks for your input, guys. I've decided to go with the MI MCTAR-30.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Liked 608 Times in 322 Posts

Good choice.

I have the Troy mount and it required a little modification to get it to work. The cross-bolt hits the "buffer tube".
Old 04-04-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher Slayer View Post
Good choice.

I have the Troy mount and it required a little modification to get it to work. The cross-bolt hits the "buffer tube".

I noticed that at the last minute and realized it probably won't work, so that's why I'm going with the one from midwest industries.