Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Rifles and Shotguns > Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Dedicated to the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Old 11-29-2022, 07:19 PM
Looking For O.E. Quadrail Looking For O.E. Quadrail Looking For O.E. Quadrail Looking For O.E. Quadrail Looking For O.E. Quadrail  
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Looking For O.E. Quadrail

Hey, first post from Va. I have been reading through here for years off and on but never made an account.

I had a 15-22 when they first came out years ago and ran im guessing over 10k rounds through it. I cant remember why i sold it but i just bought another one from psa with the 3 mag combo.

Only problem is im not a mlok guy and i want swap the mlok for the quad rail. I have been hunting for one and cannot find any. I made the account to see if anyone has a take off they would be willing to let go...

I have bought the barrel nut wrench and adapter nut to mount a PRI delta handgaurd i have but i kind of still want to set it up like my old one used to be. Just looks better i think. And i can match my cousins moe he got lucky enough to buy back after he sold his years back.

Any how testing the waters since the only listing ive found is OOS at gun parts corp.
Old 11-29-2022, 07:25 PM
Looking For O.E. Quadrail Looking For O.E. Quadrail Looking For O.E. Quadrail Looking For O.E. Quadrail Looking For O.E. Quadrail  
Liked 34,555 Times in 8,139 Posts

Welcome aboard!

Try placing an ad in our WTB section of the classifieds. Please read our classifieds rules first.
Old 11-29-2022, 07:37 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Just posted a wtb add Thanks!
Old 11-30-2022, 01:01 AM
Liked 1,149 Times in 608 Posts

Can someone explain the process of replacing it? I have a quad version and a Magpul version and I prefer the Magpul, but have never looked into replacing the quad. I’d like to know how easy or difficult it is.
Old 11-30-2022, 08:23 AM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I personally have not changed one on these models as of yet. But i have worked on numerous different styles of rifles and handguns, so take this for what its worth.

Tools Needed: Soft vise jaws for barrels either aluminum or wood w/ rosin for grip.

Specialty barrel nut tool- tacticool22 or ncstar offers them.

General hand tools. IE an adjustable wrench will possibly cover the flash hider and barrel nut tool- then which ever tools needed for the aftermarket hand guard.

-You will begin with using a set of barrel vise jaws to clamp the exposed barrel between the hand guard and flash hider.
-You will remove the flash hider 1st and set it aside.
-Un-clamp the rifle and slide the barrel nut tool ( purchased from whom ever you choose) then re-clamp the barrel in the soft vise jaws.
-Engage the 4 milled slots from the barrel nut tool into the those in the barrel nut and start very gradually applying pressure in a counter clock wise rotation lefty loosey to remove the barrel nut. Pay Very close attention to the removal and install of the barrel nuts as the receiver is plastic and will crack.
-Once the nut is loose then un-clamp and unscrew the nut all the way. Pull the hand guard off and install in reverse of removal. ( Im seeing 20 foot lbs is generally recommended for the barrel nut.) That can closely be achieved by hand if you do not have a torque wrench.

If using an aftermarket forend then the special barrel nut adapter will be used here.

You have two chooses. One nut is a standard and requires no modification of the two anti rotation tabs molded in the upper receiver and will space your aftermarket hand guard 1/4" away from the upper receiver.

The other adapter you will need to modify the molded alignment tabs to have your forend and upper receiver pic rails to mate up like an actual ar15.

Tacticool22 has decently detailed instructions on this procedure on their website.

All in all not difficult but patience and attention to what you are doing is definitely needed here or you can easily damage the upper receiver.
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 09:36 AM
Liked 388 Times in 262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
Can someone explain the process of replacing it? I have a quad version and a Magpul version and I prefer the Magpul, but have never looked into replacing the quad. I’d like to know how easy or difficult it is.
Pretty simple procedure with the proper tools.

Old 12-01-2022, 04:15 PM
Liked 208 Times in 132 Posts

Good instructions in above posts. Extra word of warning, don’t tilt the upper receiver back when the nut is off. The barrel will slide out of the upper in a flash and the first thing that hits the ground is the ejector. Don’t ask me how I know.
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 12-03-2022, 03:36 PM
Liked 36 Times in 28 Posts

I have an OE Quadrail. I sent you a PM.