Remember the Highland Park mass shooting?
The father of the alleged gunman from the Highland Park mass shooting was charged with seven counts of reckless conduct, Lake County State's Attorney Eric Rinehart announced Friday afternoon.
Robert E. Crimo III is accused of fatally shooting seven people and wounding dozens of others who lined the streets of Highland Park for its Fourth of July parade earlier this year.
In 2019, Robert Crimo Jr. sponsored his son's application for a gun permit because Crimo III was underage at the time. In early 2020, Crimo III obtained a state firearm owner's identification card, despite his previous threats to kill himself and his family, authorities said back in July.
"Robert Crimo Jr., the father, took a reckless and unjustified risk to sign his son's application for a firearm owner identification card," Rinehart said.
Each count is for the seven people who were killed. Crimo Jr. surrendered Friday and will appear in court Saturday, where a judge will set his bond.
If convicted, Rinehart said, Crimo Jr. faces up to three years in prison.
Robert Crimo Jr., father of accused Highland Park shooter, charged with reckless conduct - Chicago Sun-Times
The father of the alleged gunman from the Highland Park mass shooting was charged with seven counts of reckless conduct, Lake County State's Attorney Eric Rinehart announced Friday afternoon.
Robert E. Crimo III is accused of fatally shooting seven people and wounding dozens of others who lined the streets of Highland Park for its Fourth of July parade earlier this year.
In 2019, Robert Crimo Jr. sponsored his son's application for a gun permit because Crimo III was underage at the time. In early 2020, Crimo III obtained a state firearm owner's identification card, despite his previous threats to kill himself and his family, authorities said back in July.
"Robert Crimo Jr., the father, took a reckless and unjustified risk to sign his son's application for a firearm owner identification card," Rinehart said.
Each count is for the seven people who were killed. Crimo Jr. surrendered Friday and will appear in court Saturday, where a judge will set his bond.
If convicted, Rinehart said, Crimo Jr. faces up to three years in prison.
Robert Crimo Jr., father of accused Highland Park shooter, charged with reckless conduct - Chicago Sun-Times
Last edited: