Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Revolvers > S&W Hand Ejectors: 1896 to 1961

S&W Hand Ejectors: 1896 to 1961 All 5-Screw & Vintage 4-Screw SWING-OUT Cylinder REVOLVERS, and the 35 Autos and 32 Autos

Old 06-28-2014, 12:14 PM
SWCA Member
My new(old) Non reg Magnum Carry Piece!!! My new(old) Non reg Magnum Carry Piece!!! My new(old) Non reg Magnum Carry Piece!!! My new(old) Non reg Magnum Carry Piece!!! My new(old) Non reg Magnum Carry Piece!!!  
Liked 1,051 Times in 283 Posts
Default My new(old) Non reg Magnum Carry Piece!!!

My Sincere thanks to COYOTEHUNTER who sold me a reblued Non-Registered magnum that I am thrilled with!!. It shoots like a house on fire!! Its accurate, pre-times suburbly and has a really nice action. I have made it a daily carry piece.I think its cool to carry old school pre war guns!!! I strip them first,clean them well as many are gunked up inside and lightly
lubricate them

Another member 29aholic reworked some target grips into a very comfortable, nice looking controlleable pair of grips thats
on the non reg magnum now. Someone needs to buy up shooter grade targets and reshape and sell them!!!

And I cant say enough good things about the leather that the late Lou Alessi made. Thats a high ride holster with his unique pull through snap system that is also found on his horizontal shoulder rigs. You never unsnap the gun and draw. You just pull straight and the snaps release and the gun is in your hands!

Old 06-28-2014, 12:20 PM
SWCA Member
My new(old) Non reg Magnum Carry Piece!!! My new(old) Non reg Magnum Carry Piece!!!  
Liked 6,794 Times in 2,645 Posts

Re-blued or not, there is absolutely NOTHING that matches the classic lines of the Pre-War Magnum.

S&W ought to do itself a favor and make 627s with that barrel profile, including the set back front sight. I, for one, have no use for slab-sided barrels. Oh, and while I am thinking about it, how about replacing ".357 MAG - 8 TIMES" with an ordinary caliber marking? Is that really asking too much?
The Following 5 Users Like Post:
Old 06-28-2014, 12:21 PM
SWCA Member
My new(old) Non reg Magnum Carry Piece!!! My new(old) Non reg Magnum Carry Piece!!! My new(old) Non reg Magnum Carry Piece!!! My new(old) Non reg Magnum Carry Piece!!! My new(old) Non reg Magnum Carry Piece!!!  
Liked 5,518 Times in 1,650 Posts

Looks good,When did you pick up the non reg mag?
The Following 2 Users Like Post:
Old 06-28-2014, 12:25 PM
SWCA Member
Default non reg magnum carry piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CarbonDRZ View Post
Looks good,When did you pick up the non reg mag?
serial number 60930 showed up this week, a few days before my birthday.Somehow my best presents always comes from ME!
Old 06-28-2014, 01:05 PM
SWCA Member
Liked 7,725 Times in 1,520 Posts

Haris.

I will be the first to say that those Grips are VERY cool. I bet they handle very Nice.

Very Cool Non Reg. I just knew you would put this one on yer Hip, when you told me about it!!

Very cool. Keep em Coming!!!
Old 06-28-2014, 01:09 PM
Liked 5,727 Times in 2,130 Posts

I agree on the grips. They look like they would fit your hand like a glove. Nice
Old 06-28-2014, 02:21 PM
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by haris1 View Post
My ... Non-Registered magnum ... I have made it a daily carry piece...
So......."daily carry piece"......... I'm looking at that piece and thinking that's about as classy a "daily carry piece" as I've seen ........ and I start picturing a guy wearing that ........ and I'm picturing a classy dresser ....... and I start wondering what kind of car a guy like that drives ......... and I picture his daily driver ....... maybe a white 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz convertible with a red leather interior?

If none of this is correct please do NOT tell me. I don't want to spoil that image.

VERY CLASSY. VERY NICE. Thanks for sharing.

John
Scoundrel and Ne'er-Do-Well in Training
Old 06-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Banned
Liked 2,255 Times in 750 Posts

Jim, I love the way the holster snap works. Are there any other holster makers doing similar work?

If not I'll just save that photo and hope maybe to get the setup duplicated some day. Awesome rig.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:42 PM
SWCA Member
My new(old) Non reg Magnum Carry Piece!!! My new(old) Non reg Magnum Carry Piece!!!  
Liked 6,794 Times in 2,645 Posts

The "pull through snap" is quite fast. To the best of my knowledge, Seventrees/Paris Theodore either originated the idea or made it mainstream. Ken Null has all the old Seventrees designs, and still puts the pull through snap on some of his holsters.

There may be others that use a pull through snap. I thought Chic Gaylord had some models with that feature, and Lefty over at Bell Charter Oak has either some or all of the old Gaylord holster patterns - or at least I thought he did, and I just looked at his site, but I did not see any current models with that snap. It is possible that I missed it, as it was a fast look.
The Following User Likes This Post:
Old 06-28-2014, 09:58 PM
Liked 1,148 Times in 204 Posts

Haris,

That's some nice leather and neat stocks, I'm glad you like the non RM.

Regards

Last edited by COYOTEHUNTER; 06-28-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:08 PM
US Veteran
Liked 3,764 Times in 1,784 Posts
Question

That's a really neat rig! What is the barrel length .....looks like somewhere between 3 1/2 and 4 1/2"?
Old 06-28-2014, 10:16 PM
US Veteran
Liked 1,037 Times in 351 Posts

Looks a lot like an old KCPD gun. Glad you're enjoying it and thanks for the post and pictures.

Jerry
Old 06-29-2014, 11:23 AM
SWCA Member
Liked 155 Times in 36 Posts

What a nice rig you have there. I really like the older used working guns. No need to treat them like a princess.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:34 AM
SWCA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTrolleyguy View Post
Jim, I love the way the holster snap works. Are there any other holster makers doing similar work?

If not I'll just save that photo and hope maybe to get the setup duplicated some day. Awesome rig.
Actually, I have this kind of holster for revolvers, 1911's and shoulder rigs. Not only are they fast, but they ride high, close and dont
drag on your belt so you can carry a n frame steel gun. I hope to God, I will never need one, but a 4 inch steel gun has a way higher hit
probability and better recoil control than the current crop of scandium wonders!!Search ebay for Alessi in sporting goods and save the search.Then you will get an e mail whenever there is one for sale and if you are patient one will pop up. The current offerings dont have the pull thru. I copied this IWB from a e bay auction to show you the snap

Last edited by haris1; 06-29-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-29-2014, 01:19 PM
SWCA Member
Liked 735 Times in 271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by j38 View Post
Looks a lot like an old KCPD gun. Glad you're enjoying it and thanks for the post and pictures.

Jerry
That was my thought when I saw the photos. Nice shooter pre-war 357 and those grips are especially nice!
Old 06-29-2014, 01:43 PM
Liked 8,584 Times in 2,782 Posts

Haris ... That's as nice a daily set-up as I've seen. Enjoy!
Old 06-29-2014, 03:52 PM
Liked 29,546 Times in 14,252 Posts

SN 60930= early 1940 (probably)
Old 06-30-2014, 09:08 AM
Banned
Liked 1,569 Times in 421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn mccarver View Post
The "pull through snap" is quite fast. To the best of my knowledge, Seventrees/Paris Theodore either originated the idea or made it mainstream. Ken Null has all the old Seventrees designs, and still puts the pull through snap on some of his holsters.

There may be others that use a pull through snap. I thought Chic Gaylord had some models with that feature, and Lefty over at Bell Charter Oak has either some or all of the old Gaylord holster patterns - or at least I thought he did, and I just looked at his site, but I did not see any current models with that snap. It is possible that I missed it, as it was a fast look.
Here is one example I still offer and Chic Gaylord was making them long before Theodore or Ken Null.

Magnum Treasury Thunderbolt

The Original Gaylord Treasury Thunderbolt

Cheers;
Lefty