Smith & Wesson Forum

Advertise With Us Search
Go Back   Smith & Wesson Forum > Smith & Wesson Revolvers > S&W Revolvers: 1961 to 1980

S&W Revolvers: 1961 to 1980 3-Screw PINNED Barrel SWING-OUT Cylinder Hand Ejectors WITH Model Numbers

Old 01-31-2011, 08:57 AM
Banned
info on A.P.D. marked guns i can get info on A.P.D. marked guns i can get info on A.P.D. marked guns i can get info on A.P.D. marked guns i can get info on A.P.D. marked guns i can get  
Liked 197 Times in 52 Posts
Default info on A.P.D. marked guns i can get

im an officer with austin police and have access to the basement where a large box wiith old 3x5 types info cards on a.p.d. model 10 27 66 guns are at thats where i found my orig card for my 27-2... poss have info on 38-44

all members who plan on keeping there a.p.d. marked guns would please post me there guns model and a.p.d. number with poss pic here ill look for there info and post it... what it will have is when it was purchased by the dept, orig cost and who all officers it was assigned to. if you call them they will not tell you aboutht his box cause they WILL NOT hand search as a gift to members ILL DO IT... need a list as dont know how long it will be around im surprised it wasnt thrown out along time ago, so fellers postem up
Old 01-31-2011, 10:50 AM
US Veteran
info on A.P.D. marked guns i can get info on A.P.D. marked guns i can get info on A.P.D. marked guns i can get info on A.P.D. marked guns i can get info on A.P.D. marked guns i can get  
Liked 3,451 Times in 1,412 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedee View Post
need a list as dont know how long it will be around im surprised it wasnt thrown out along time ago, so fellers postem up
If they decide to thrown those records out, why don't you offer a token amount and buy them. It would be a shame to lose those records for good. You would then have a valuable database.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:12 AM
US Veteran
Liked 2,923 Times in 992 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonback68 View Post
If they decide to thrown those records out, why don't you offer a token amount and buy them. It would be a shame to lose those records for good. You would then have a valuable database.
If they insist on keeping the cards, request permission to bring in a digital scanner and make a copy of each.

Even though such records are obsolete and the firearms no longer department property, most record custodians are guarded on "public" access to the officer names on the cards. Since you are a retired officer, you already have their trust. Just be willing to restrict further access to:
1) general information & statistical summaries for collectors at-large, and
2) specific card information to the current owner

Just a suggestion to prevent such a historical record from destruction. Archival finds such as this are few and far between.

Good luck, Russ

Tags
model 10