View Single Post

Old 05-02-2009, 04:22 PM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

While the accounts mentioned the agents knowledge of the perps killer status and use of 'automatic weapons', this incident was conducted by the bad guys employing simply a shotgun, which inflicted some injuries, handguns, and a Ruger Mini-14, whose .223 rounds were lethal. What if they had employed automatic weapons? There are so many Uzi's to M16's in the hands of 'undesireables' these days - their use would have increased the deaths and injuries, no doubt, to both the agents and innocent civilians. It could have been a lot worse.

It isn't unique - find some of the accounts of local LEO's trying to stop bg's who had robbed armories before the bank... or even the 'G' men. They often had to visit the local hardware store for hunting rifles, as well, just to return fire, their .38's being ineffective against the car doors of the day. I'd say the average LEO is potentially better armed these days than ever before. Hopefully, that tragedy subsequently saved many other lives.

Stainz

PS I have not 'had' to pack since Nixon's earliest days as Prez - when I was in the USN - and that was as SP! I am now... the quintessential 'Web Warrior'! And I can still read... and reason... and have an opinion!